396XT Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys:

I am a little confused about some freq. in my scanner that I didn't program (image #1). I can't understand how/why they are in my scanner. I can't seem to locate them to delete them either. As you can see, I only have 4 system programed (image #2). When I put the scanner on "Hold" and manually scroll through my freq., these other "Public Safety" freqs. (image #1) appear. I'm not sure if the scanner is scanning these freqs.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0775.jpg
    IMAG0775.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMAG0778.jpg
    IMAG0778.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 332

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
It looks like your doing a public safety search with your scan list.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jwest

That's what I'm thinking. But how do I turn it off/stop the scanner from doing that search?

Go to Edit Service then go to Public Safety then to search with scan then to set lockout. When you have it on hold and manually scoll they will appear like that.

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
With your scanner on, press the MENU button, then scroll down to "Select Service Types"

Click that then you can scroll down to the "Public Service" option, or "Public Safety" option, on any other options that are there and they can be turned on or off.

EDIT: Sorry. I thought you were using one of the two new Unidens. Now that I look at the pictures a little harder, you may not be using a 436 or 536. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Are these freq. always loaded into the scanner? I mean am I able to remove them?

No you cannot, but I would have to ask you why you would want to? You can choose not to scan them so they won't be an issue for you when you are just scanning what you want. For those times when you'd like to scan a certain service band they're extremely helpful to have in there. I have my scanner set up to ONLY scan the quick keys I want, and I don't even notice the presence (or absence) of those frequencies you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.