410.3250 MHz Tucson

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone in the Tucson area take a listen to 410.3250 MHz? This is a new one for me.

It is DMR with a color code of 05, but doesn't appear to be part of a trunked system. It is fully encrypted however.

I suspect it is the U.S. Postal Service (not Postal Inspectors), probably a sorting or bulk mail facility, because it's been busy 24-7, and lots of long conversations. From my experience that sounds like mail sorting. But it is unusual that they have enabled encryption.

The frequency is a USPS nationwide assignment, but a few other agencies have assignments to that same frequency.

Thanks!

clareconley

Premium Subscriber
I listened to this frequency over the weekend. There was no DMR activity. I noted today some P25 activity. I plugged it in as P25 and got about 10 talk groups to pop up right away. I think it's the Tucson Federal Correctional Complex south of Tucson. The NAC was BA1h. The frequency is not listed in in the data base as belonging to the prison.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Interesting - I have many recordings and what I heard was definitely DMR, CC5. I was listening on the northeast side of town, near TMC.

- Chris