436 programming favorites problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a 436 that suddently has a problem when i try to program a new system - no matter what type.
I can program it without problems - but no matter what quick key i give it it does not appear on the favorites scan list to turn on or off.
I have set everything properly off as i used to - i have lists 1 to 6 programmed - programmed no 7 - but i cant get it on the favorites list. even when programming a conv system and scrolling manually through the systems - it skips it!
I hope someone here can help me here...
i posted this in another forum too - sorry but i dont know the right one.

budevans

Check your Profile

I have a 436 that suddently has a problem when i try to program a new system - no matter what type.
I can program it without problems - but no matter what quick key i give it it does not appear on the favorites scan list to turn on or off.
I have set everything properly off as i used to - i have lists 1 to 6 programmed - programmed no 7 - but i cant get it on the favorites list. even when programming a conv system and scrolling manually through the systems - it skips it!
I hope someone here can help me here...
i posted this in another forum too - sorry but i dont know the right one.

Check the Profile, make sure Download and Monitor are set to ON for your 7 Favorites list.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
the problem is it does not appear in that list! allthough it is programmed right.
If you are just adding a "new system" to an existing Favorites list, the system itself is not going to be in the Profile list to choose Download yes/no or Monitor yes/no. But the parent Favorites list that you created it in should be.

If you are setting a Quick Key for it, make sure that the Quick Key for the new system is set as "On". To check, Edit the Favorites list in question. Start the List editor by either clicking the icon with a star with a pencil (under the 'w' of the drop-down "View" menu at the top of the screen.
Once in the Editor window, click on the Top line of the Favorites list (the name of the list).
Your list of Systems will be in the right-side pane.
Click on the 'System Quick Keys Status' tab on the right pane.
That will show all the quick key numbers. Make sure the one you assigned is checked (on). You can also <right><click> in that area, and get a pop-up prompt to set all of the QK#s either to "On" or "Off".

If you created your new system manually, as opposed to appending from either the main database or an existing system on a different Favorites list, did you enter location information? If you have location enabled for that list, but did not enter correct location details for your new system, then likely those fields are blank (showing 0 in both fields). A "0"-"0" latitude/longitude location is in the Atlantic Ocean, at the Equator off the coast of Africa. With "location"control set as "on" for that Favorite list, the new system will be ignored as out of range.

Also, if you added a system manually, did you enter a Service Type for each of the channels/talkgroups that are in the system? If so, is that Service Type turned on in your profile? If added manually, the default code that comes up will be "Custom 1". Either make sure that the service type you used is enabled in your profile. If you left them at Custom 1, then make sure that it is enabled.

If none of the above applies, then try exporting your Favorites list with the problem system, into an "*.hpe" file, and posting it here so that someone else can take a peek.

Ok - thanks for the answers - the following may chock you :)
i of cause update it with sentinel - but have allways programmed everything manually...
I just fixed the problem - in an very strange way - i set all the favorites number quick keys to "." - programmed a new system (all other 6 are seperate systems and have worked perfect) with no 7 - and suddently it appeared in the scan selection list - and i was able to turn it on - where it unless i set all other to quick key "." the new was hidden.
after that i again numbered the other systems under quick key 1 to 6 - and all 7 now are wievable - and i am able to turn the new system 7 on too...
Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.