436 Reception?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2JS

Feed Provider
Has anyone seen issues with the 436 reception? I have it sitting next to a 396xt both with squelch setting on 2. The 396 is stopping on conventional frequencies with loud and clear audio, if the 436 unmutes it is static. This is not on all frequencies, just some distant ones. I even swapped antennas and had the same result. ATT is not enabled.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYPDAUX

I suggest you read the trends everyone seems to be having similar problems with the two new released radio

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

KC2JS

Feed Provider
Sorry. I read through dozens of posts and didn't see anything that looked related. I must have missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I think he meant to say that one other person has reported a similar issue. It is possible that there is a problem with that specific unit.

EarlSuitor

Premium Subscriber
I must say, I got my 436 yesterday and have it all programmed and running just right. I am extremely impressed. The sensitivity is very good. I am picking up Loudoun Co, VA (+-) 30 miles away with a limestone mountain between it and me (Berryville). Great radio. Seems to work well with the old Radio Shack 800 MHz "rubber duck"antenna Just waiting for Scanner Master to come out with the leather case and I'm all set. Thanks Uniden (UPMan), good work.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
I at first had a problem with transmissions momentarily dropping out.
Now I think it was due to having inadvertently set the Weather Priority Alarm to ON.
Now the problem seems to have gone away.

KC2JS

Feed Provider
The frequencies I am noticing the bad reception on are VHF. There are posts saying that the firmware upgrade caused a degrade in reception. Could that be the case? Can it be fixed via firmware or should I start the exchange/warranty process?

Thanks.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Have seen no such post (and the update couldn't have done that).

Confirm that attenuation is not turned on would be the other user setting that comes to mind.

KC2JS

Feed Provider
ATT is turned off. I turned it on and the signal that was barely getting through disappeared. I compared the 2 scanners on the weather channels, the 396 was receiving 3 decently while the 436 only 1.

I read it here...
http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/283525-bcd436-choppy.html#post2122656

I also read that it maybe an issue with the FL only (which I only use FL). I don't see how that would be unless I have a setting wrong in the FL, but I will try going off the DB tonight to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks again!

KC2JS

Feed Provider
I must have a bad unit. Sitting right next to my 396xt the 396 is receiving a VHF, analog, conventional channel loud and clear while the 436 is all static. Like I said in an earlier posts my 396 picks up 4 of the weather channels while the 436 only gets 2. I am going to wait until the FW update to see if it improves. I actually had to turn off the 436 last night because the static was getting annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.