436 Scan Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I did not want to hijack anyone else's thread, so here goes. When I put my ZIP code into the scanner, it began scanning my local area. However, it also goes into 2 other States as well...Wisconsin and Indiana.

I thought it would scan for a 20 mile radius? I realize the reference is from the center of the ZIP code, but many stations it scans is far over the 20 miles. As a result, I get a lot of weak transmissions which makes me "avoid" quite a bit.

Anyone else have this issue or can explain what's going on? Thanks.

Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Great. Thanks. Reading that link you sent explained it very well.

I looked up how to set range and put it at 0.0. It seems much quieter now, and what I do get does not sound as scratchy.

I have just one more thing I have been dying to ask. Rest assured I searched thru everything I could find.

The manual as well as other places talks a great deal about the Favorites List. I cannot find one thing however: Can anyone give me a link to step by step creating and using a Favorites List.??

I may be looking in all the wrong places, but I would really like to set up a list and leave the other stuff I don't want out. I looked thru Sentinel as well, but no real help there.

Thanks again for the Range help!

Greg

wise871

Database Admin
I have just one more thing I have been dying to ask. Rest assured I searched thru everything I could find.

The manual as well as other places talks a great deal about the Favorites List. I cannot find one thing however: Can anyone give me a link to step by step creating and using a Favorites List.??

I may be looking in all the wrong places, but I would really like to set up a list and leave the other stuff I don't want out. I looked thru Sentinel as well, but no real help there.

Thanks again for the Range help!
Greg

Glad I could help. Check out this video.
BCDx36HP Sentinel Creating Custom Favorites List - YouTube

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Again...thank you Don. I saw a few seconds of the video, but will make it a priority tomorrow; getting late here.

I swear I could not find that info anywhere; You Tube is a great reference, but I often forget to look there.

I am very happy about the decrease in my range; its much quieter here now. :lol:

Have a great night and again..thanks.

PS: Retired from the Air Force after 21

Greg

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
Again...thank you Don. I saw a few seconds of the video, but will make it a priority tomorrow; getting late here.

I swear I could not find that info anywhere; You Tube is a great reference, but I often forget to look there.

I am very happy about the decrease in my range; its much quieter here now. :lol:

Have a great night and again..thanks.

PS: Retired from the Air Force after 21

Greg

Enjoy and no problem. Aim High :)

Status
Not open for further replies.