policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to pick up New Castle County Fire on my Unication G3 and SDS100 devices from Camden County. I'm just too far for the 800mhz state system, but I can start to pick up 453.05 rebroadcast of Tac 3 and EMS 1. Problem is I get those very annoying data bursts coming over. Does anyone know what that is and where it comes from? Is there a PL Tone I can use to block out that noise? And I also read somewhere from years ago Talleyville used to rebroadcast on 460.6. Do they still do this or is there some other rebroadcast of Fire Tac 3?

jwhite591

The Comunication Guy
Yes Its Very annoying, New castle county has been investigating it, It happens to be SEPTA Data FCC License WQBI660 , New castle 911 Center has gotten a substitute frequency 453.175 MHz (WQAP302), How ever There is no ETA Available as to when they are going
Re-Program all of the Tower sites and all of the Pagers that are on the system.
Newark Aetna Hose Hook and Ladder Operates a rebroadcast on (460.625 MHz), But I Don't Know if you can receive them Up There.
I am in Delaware City and that data Burst is bad even down here!

jwhite591

The Comunication Guy
No they do not, They removed their tower a few years ago.
on another note' If you look at the license information New Castle County received a new frequency to replace this one however I can't get any Info as to when they plan to switch to 453.175

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
No they do not, They removed their tower a few years ago.
Well I've got a brief, albeit scratchy audio sample here from Tuesday night which confirms it's still being broadcast with NCC's tones somewhere. Other possibility in the DB with this tone would be South Carolina and I definitely am not picking that station up from SE PA

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Have not heard anything on 460.6 but a few transmissions in morse code received in Philadelphia. Will do more testing a little closer to the area in the coming weeks. I also threw it in my G3 so we will see.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Here come the Philly News TV Choppers to Christiana Mall A/A on 135.875 AM for the shooting tonight there.
Choppers chat to avoid each other.Pilots almost all know each other as contract pilots.
1681001566618.png

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
And crack jokes & bust balls every so often. News chopper pilot to pilot back n forths are pretty funny sometimes. NBC10's flying the green machine tonight
They are comical at times..even tonight they were razzing each other.. One chopper was talking about landing KILG Wilmington before they close at 10PM. for fuel before rtb Northeast Philly Airport where most of these guys all seem to be based..

Long time Wawa fan on your ID and me too but Sheetz from Western Pa (Altoona) opens store in Elkton MD come the Fall..
They have good coffee too.. There is a Sheetz up in Manheim Pa I visit when in that area of rte 30.
I think they are slowly invading Wawa territory. :)

Last edited: