461.45 US CELL and public works??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwiscan

I have 461.45 programmed in my scanner as US Cellular Field security. Tonight I am getting some IL municipalities snow plows. Any ideas who it is? I cant find it in the database.

Sounds like some officials/workers are getting "courtesy" plowing of their residential driveways this evening.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Could they be private plows? A lot of them don't always play by the rules. ;)

n9zas

nwiscan

Could they be private plows? A lot of them don't always play by the rules. ;)

n9zas

You may be right but I think its a public works. One guy was giving directions from his home and was informed that the plow was only 2 blocks from his driveway!!

This is while all the calls tonight are 10-50's on the slick main roads.

ANd here I got exicited thinking I was hearing the White Sox were clearing the snow from the ballpark!!

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Did you happen to catch a PL or DPL tone associated with the snow plow ops on 461.450?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No tones, so that means official public works would have tones associated with the chatter?

If this is a DPW repeater, then more than likely it will transmit with a tone.
It may also be part of a uhf LTR system as well, meaning the license would belong to the service provider.

n9zas

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
If you look this freqy up on the "FCC" its used on a "ABEEP" and Comlink LTR trunk systems and thats why it has no PL/DCS im sure...Its also used around NE IL on many other schools etc....

nwiscan

If you look this freqy up on the "FCC" its used on a "ABEEP" and Comlink LTR trunk systems and thats why it has no PL/DCS im sure...Its also used around NE IL on many other schools etc....

I didnt have it set for a trunked system so its a conventional system as well. Whatever it was it was surely not US Cellular Field security!!

ecps92

Just because you do not have it configured as an LTR system, doesn't mean you are not hearing an LTR System when you Scan/Search

The major point being you caught no PL or DPL, if you sit on the frequency you will also likely hear a little key-click every couple of seconds [a sure sign, that you found ONE of the many Freqs as part of the LTR]

I didnt have it set for a trunked system so its a conventional system as well. Whatever it was it was surely not US Cellular Field security!!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I agree with you, kind of funny there is no PL-DPL- or LTR home RPTR squak....

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
'LTR key-up'

FWIW, while most LTR systems do transmit periodic quick key-ups (called 'idle channel bursts'), some do not. As an example, the last I listened to it the RC Electronics LTR system in Northbrook/Arlington Heights was not utilizing idle channel key-ups. Some scanners (the RS PRO-92, for example) can decode and display LTR ID information even in manual mode. I've also found that, for the most part, LTR transmission tend to have a different 'sound' to them than conventional channels.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Heard today on "ABEEP Sears2 UHF LTR system 461.45-LCN3=Mokena system TG 0-03-108 talking about shoveling snow and salting sidewalks in Frankfort Van and Bus lots....Mystery solved??

nwiscan

I get only spotty reception as I am about 25 miles away from downtown Frankfort and I am using a stock duck. I just heard some chatter on that frequency where they were in route to an address in Orland Park. So indeed its a municipality in the Frankfort/Mokena/Orland Park area.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Does sound like a snow removal service as there talking now about "end-loaders" and salt for snow removal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.