55040 SLED tgid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

I just heard a sled agent clear as can be here in Kershaw County while in search mode using the bc296d and it flashed new TGID and it was 55040 I looked on the palm 800 and it said sled talk and that it was encrypted. Now I know it was a sled unit because they are in Lugoff tracking two subjects that shot at someone earlyer today and ran into the woods. Now my question is can it be a temp. Thing were they switch from open to encrypt.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Re: TGID

Hi Lugoffman, its my understanding from a couple of agents that I know is that they use enc sparingly because one said it reduces the power of his handheld and the other one said his enc messages don't always go through to other agents or decoded properly - but they do use it.

Barry

lugoffman

barry008 said:
Hi Lugoffman, its my understanding from a couple of agents that I know is that they use enc sparingly because one said it reduces the power of his handheld and the other one said his enc messages don't always go through to other agents or decoded properly - but they do use it.

Barry
Well they are looking for some people and its funny hereing them talk cause i bet they are thinking they are using the encrypt mode cause they are just talking about everything and somtimes cussing lol !!

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Those crazy sled agents - they're a breed apart. Besides, who's gonna tell 'em not to? :D
Barry

lugoffman

barry008 said:
Those crazy sled agents - they're a breed apart. Besides, who's gonna tell 'em not to? :D
Barry
yea I know right they got the right to pee on your door step if they want to lol !! I bet it would be fun to have there job at times

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Sled

Not really, they have to go through a lot sometimes and jump through hoops especially if it gets political. When I was in law enforcement, I worked with a lot of them undercover and on visible cases. Believe me, they are not paid enough. The guys I admired were DEA. Those guys carried their certification papers with them. :lol:
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.