700 Megahertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_sch1167

Premium Subscriber
Our local news reported that the police in Ontario County in NY were going to a new system using 700 Megahertz. Has anyone heard anything about this taking place else where in NY? Will my BCD996XT pick up transmission on 700 Megahertz?
Thanks Bill Ontario,NY

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You're actually asking questions that belongs in 2 forums.

As to the question about Ontario County, that should asked in our NY forum (where I'll have this moved to).

And as for whether the 996XT will pick up those transmissions, (we have an Uniden forum for questions like this), the answer is yes, assuming that they the County uses a digital format the scanner can handle.

Don't fall into the trap of reading only new posts - we have numerous forums on this site - take the time to glance through them all and become familiar with the topics covered.

Mike

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Our local news reported that the police in Ontario County in NY were going to a new system using 700 Megahertz. Has anyone heard anything about this taking place else where in NY? Will my BCD996XT pick up transmission on 700 Megahertz?
Thanks Bill Ontario,NY
Moved to the NY forum. Please take a moment to read over the forum descriptions before starting threads in any forums. Thanks.

B_sch1167

Premium Subscriber
700 MHz

When i put 700 Mhz into my Bearcat 996xt for a search it tells me (out of ban). Maybe I'm doing somthing wrong?

k2hz

Database Admin
Search will not be of much use. The information to program this system is in the RRDB New York Trunked Systems listed as Monroe and Ontario County Public Safety. There are 3 systems in Ontario County- North, South and Canadice. Best reception may be either North or South depending on your location. The Canadice Corners site is just to fill in that area and no activity has been heard so far.

Reception of this system is very difficult since scanners do a poor job with simulcast trunk system so no confirmed Talk Groups are listed in the RRDB yet.

If we confirm what is going on it will be added to the RRDB and discussed in the Ontario County now using 700MHz thread.

KC2zZe

Our local news reported that the police in Ontario County in NY were going to a new system using 700 Megahertz. Has anyone heard anything about this taking place else where in NY?
Rockland County is in the process of migrating over to their new APCO Project 25, Phase 2 700 MHz trunked system and Orange County is in the very preliminary stages of building one of their own as well.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Westchester County is also in the process of planning a 700 MHz system, which will eventually replace the 3600 T-Band system.

Status
Not open for further replies.