89703 zip code

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcwade

89703 zip code not showing Repeaters. It doesn't register in the system. However I can zoom the map to find repeaters in my areas

rcwade

I click import on chirp and it gave me an error saying invalid zip code. This caused me to go to the main repeater lookup page on Radio Reference. When I put in my zip code nothing comes up. However I can click on Nevada and zoom into my areas and find the city etc. it’s like the zip code isn’t in the system.

Carson city is actually its own county.

5E06FAA0-C2EB-446B-9493-A5496D8FEAC7.png

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Can you walk me through the steps you are going through where you are having a problem?
If I go to the main database page and "Retrieve by US zipcode" using 89703, it takes me back to the main database page. That ZIP Code is one of a handful of codes used by Carson City NV. So, I tried the same thing using 89701 which is also Carson City. Same result...back to the main database page.

As a test, I used my own ZIP Code in Indiana and the system takes me to my county's database page.

Something seems amiss.

rcwade

The link you provided is the city not the county. Carson City should be listed as the city and county. Most imports are done by zip code crossed with county.

ltginrage

I just entered my IL zip along with some other local codes and it took me to the local county database page

rcwade

What I’m saying is if you zoom in the map it works. The search does not work for zip code.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I’m pretty sure the RR database is missing that zip code and will need Lindsay to add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.