$9 10db yagi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellykeeton

well review so far.. I ordered this when I posted about it.. and I have a tracking number as of about 30min ago.. So the company is "speedy" in fulfillment.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Just ordered one also. Customer service seems very good! Hopefully there wont be a lot of loss at 770Mhz, bit for 27.00 to my door, it is worth it for a commercial antenna
Mike

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
The fellow in customer service must wonder why so many have sold in this period. of time

Romak3

Banned
This is interesting for just under $30! Will be more interesting come friday.

Romak3

Banned
everywhere I looked on the net they were pushing $300, $140 isn't too awful bad. but then your money isn't in my pocket either.

kellykeeton

The fellow in customer service must wonder why so many have sold in this period. of time

Yea I chuckled about that as well - obviously it was not selling and they clearance it out - I found the page sort of by accident.

In 3 days they sold more then they ever did - funny part is that amazon / google advertisements are putting in ads for this antenna at $300

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
How far do you think this could work to pull in some 850/860 mhz?

Im roughly 80-100 km's from the nearest metro area with a system in that range. Do you think it would work if pointed in the right direction about 25ft off the ground?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
How far do you think this could work to pull in some 850/860 mhz?

Im roughly 80-100 km's from the nearest metro area with a system in that range. Do you think it would work if pointed in the right direction about 25ft off the ground?

Depends on many different variables. It isn't just about how good your receiving antenna is. If there isn't a strong enough signal in the first place, no amount of gain is going to make it work.

Radio systems are designed to cover a specific area with a certain amount of signal strength. Being outside that designed footprint makes it a real crapshoot. Receiving the signal is only part of the issue. Not getting interference from another location (maybe in the opposite direction) on the same frequency is the other. Directional antennas like this can certainly help, but 800MHz is -really- line of site. If there is topographical obstructions (hills, etc) in the way, heavy foliage, etc, you will have a very hard time receiving it, if at all.
The other issue can be how good your set up is. While this is a good antenna, you can lose a lot of signal in cheap coax, bad connections, etc.

You can try some of the on line propagation mapping tools, but it will be difficult to fill in all the blanks on how the transmitters are set up. When it comes down to it, you may just have to set everything up and give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.