900 codes Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Probably what your looking for
901 Automobile Accident
901a Automobile Accident W/ Injuries (advise If Ambulance Needed, Code)
902 Casualty - Sick Or Injured Person
902a Attempt Suicide (advise Of Means)
904 Fire
904a Fire - Automobile
904g Fire - Grass
904s Fire - Structure
905 Injured Animal
905d Dead Animal
910 Prowler
910a Prowler - Attempting Entry
910f Prowler - Front
910r Prowler - Rear
910s Prowler - Side
912 Is This Unit Clear
913 Unit Is Clear
917 Suspicious Vehicle
917a Suspicious Vehicle - Occupied
920 Found Person (state Whether An Adult Or Child)
920a Missing Person - Adult
920c Missing Person - Lost Child
920j Runaway Juvenile - Age 12-18
921 Car Clout
922 Drunk
923 Illegal Shooting
923h Illegal Hunting
924 Enroute To All Other Locations Not Listed - Give Destination
924ac Alternative Center
924ct Court
924(d #) District (district # Enroute To)
924dx Detox
924h Hospital (except Smc)
924jh Juvenile Hall
924mc Smc
924mj Booking - Adult
924ns North Station
9240 Office (711 G)
924rc Rccc
924rg Range
924rh Childrens Receiving Home
924ss South Station
925 Suspicious Subject
925s Suspicious Solicitor
926 Dead Body
927 Suspicious Circumstances
928 Found Property
940 Meet The Officer
940a Meet The Citizen
940r Meet To Sign Reports
941a Citizen Holding Prisoner - Adult
941j Citizen Holding Prisoner - Juvenile
952 Incomplete Phone Call
995 Strike Trouble
996 Explosion
996a Bomb Threat
999 Officer Needs Help Urgently
999s Officer Involved In Shooting

Sac916

In regards to Sacramento - specifically talking about Sac Sheriff and Sac PD. The list below is a set of older (and outdated) basic codes used by Sac Sheriff. MOST of the codes below are accurate or similar to what is used today. However, Sac PD has a seperate set of 900 codes that for the most part, DO NOT MATCH WITH SAC SHERIFF.

As for other larger departments, such as Citrus Heights PD, Elk Grove PD , and Folsom PD, they to have similar codes, but each have their own set.

Probably what your looking for
901 Automobile Accident
901a Automobile Accident W/ Injuries (advise If Ambulance Needed, Code)
902 Casualty - Sick Or Injured Person
902a Attempt Suicide (advise Of Means)
904 Fire
904a Fire - Automobile
904g Fire - Grass
904s Fire - Structure
905 Injured Animal
905d Dead Animal
910 Prowler
910a Prowler - Attempting Entry
910f Prowler - Front
910r Prowler - Rear
910s Prowler - Side
912 Is This Unit Clear
913 Unit Is Clear
917 Suspicious Vehicle
917a Suspicious Vehicle - Occupied
920 Found Person (state Whether An Adult Or Child)
920a Missing Person - Adult
920c Missing Person - Lost Child
920j Runaway Juvenile - Age 12-18
921 Car Clout
922 Drunk
923 Illegal Shooting
923h Illegal Hunting
924 Enroute To All Other Locations Not Listed - Give Destination
924ac Alternative Center
924ct Court
924(d #) District (district # Enroute To)
924dx Detox
924h Hospital (except Smc)
924jh Juvenile Hall
924mc Smc
924mj Booking - Adult
924ns North Station
9240 Office (711 G)
924rc Rccc
924rg Range
924rh Childrens Receiving Home
924ss South Station
925 Suspicious Subject
925s Suspicious Solicitor
926 Dead Body
927 Suspicious Circumstances
928 Found Property
940 Meet The Officer
940a Meet The Citizen
940r Meet To Sign Reports
941a Citizen Holding Prisoner - Adult
941j Citizen Holding Prisoner - Juvenile
952 Incomplete Phone Call
995 Strike Trouble
996 Explosion
996a Bomb Threat
999 Officer Needs Help Urgently
999s Officer Involved In Shooting

Mick

From ScanSacramento : Scan Sacramento

SACRAMENTO POLICE CODES:
901 Vehicle Accident
901A Injury Accident
906 Making Arrival
907 Report Writing (after call)
908 End Of Shift
909 In Service
912 Vehicle Registration Check
913 Vehicle Want/Warrant Check
922 Intoxicated Subject
924 Enroute To Office Or Jail
925 Location
926 Dead Body
927 Suspicious Circumstances/Vehicle
928 Narcotics/Under Influence
933 Ringer Audible Alarm
933 Silent Alarm
940 Meet Officer Or Complaintant
972 Missing Person
978 Driver License Check
981 Attempt To Locate

From RADIO CODES & SIGNALS - CALIFORNIA
SACRAMENTO POLICE CODES:
901 Vehicle Accident 925 Location
901A Injury Accident 926 Dead Body
906 Making Arrival 927 Suspicious Circumstances/Veh.
907 Report Writing (after call) 928 Narcotics/Under Influence
908 End Of Shift 933- Ringer Audible Alarm
909 In Service 933- Silent Alarm
912 Vehicle Registration Check 940 Meet Officer Or Complaintant
913 Vehicle Want/Warrent Check 972 Missing Person
922 Intoxicated Subject 978 Driver License Check
924 Enroute To Office Or Jail 981 Attempt To Locate

Code 4 Cancel
Code 10 Leaving Scence
Code 7 Mealtime
Code 12 Additional Unit(s) Needed
Code 8 Switch Radio Channels
Code 1000 Robbery Involving A Code Beeper Unit (tag)

cousinkix1953

In regards to Sacramento - specifically talking about Sac Sheriff and Sac PD. The list below is a set of older (and outdated) basic codes used by Sac Sheriff. MOST of the codes below are accurate or similar to what is used today. However, Sac PD has a seperate set of 900 codes that for the most part, DO NOT MATCH WITH SAC SHERIFF.

As for other larger departments, such as Citrus Heights PD, Elk Grove PD , and Folsom PD, they to have similar codes, but each have their own set.
Why bother with stupid codes, when everybody doesn't speak the same language. Don't even waste millions of our tax $ on those new integrated county-wide trunking networks until everybody learns to speak English.

Those 900 codes were obsolete decades ago. Only a handful of the Sacto codes are even the same as they were, when many agenicies used a different version in the 70s. It's just jibberish to the CHP, which has used their same 10-11 codes for decades...

RolnCode3

Why bother with stupid codes, when everybody doesn't speak the same language. Don't even waste millions of our tax $ on those new integrated county-wide trunking networks until everybody learns to speak English.

Those 900 codes were obsolete decades ago. Only a handful of the Sacto codes are even the same as they were, when many agenicies used a different version in the 70s. It's just jibberish to the CHP, which has used their same 10-11 codes for decades...
Well:

1) CHP rarely talks on the trunked networks. If they do, they use plain English (or have learned the codes), and the dispatcher will work with them.

2) The trunking network already exists, and is just being updated.

3) A lot of us who switch onto other agency talkgroups learn their codes (air units, K9s, RT Police) or we just use plain English when we switch. The dispatcher will talk in plain English if they have to.

POST mandating a specific set of radio codes is the only way I see any non-voluntary changes. Even the voluntary would be a a "which set of 10- codes do we go to?" since they aren't all the same either.

W6KRU

Premium Subscriber
Plain english isn't always obvious either. Here is a snippet from the LA Riots.

"Police officers responded to a domestic dispute, accompanied by marines. They had just gone up to the door when two shotgun birdshot rounds were fired through the door, hitting the officers. One yelled `cover me!' to the marines, who then laid down a heavy base of fire. . . . The police officer had not meant `shoot' when he yelled `cover me' to the marines. [He] meant . . . point your weapons and be prepared to respond if necessary. However, the marines responded instantly in the precise way they had been trained, where `cover me' means provide me with cover using firepower. . . . over two hundred bullets [were] fired into that house."

clanusb

i know that for fire, the ICS structure is used..which says that plain text has to be used. no more codes.

i thought this also had to be used in order to receive grant money?
is PD exempt from this because they dont necessarily use the same ICS?

cousinkix1953

Well:

1) CHP rarely talks on the trunked networks. If they do, they use plain English (or have learned the codes), and the dispatcher will work with them.

2) The trunking network already exists, and is just being updated.

3) A lot of us who switch onto other agency talkgroups learn their codes (air units, K9s, RT Police) or we just use plain English when we switch. The dispatcher will talk in plain English if they have to.

POST mandating a specific set of radio codes is the only way I see any non-voluntary changes. Even the voluntary would be a a "which set of 10- codes do we go to?" since they aren't all the same either.

I have owned a police scanner since they made crystal sets in the early 70s. You don't impress me either Mr. Know-It-All. I already know that the CHP doesn't operate on many trunked systems. A dozen versions of the 900 codes is just gibberish to them any way. Integrated systems are a waste of $$$ if they sound just another Tower of Babel...

Sac916

I have owned a police scanner since they made crystal sets in the early 70s. You don't impress me either Mr. Know-It-All. I already know that the CHP doesn't operate on many trunked systems. A dozen versions of the 900 codes is just gibberish to them any way. Integrated systems are a waste of $$$ if they sound just another Tower of Babel...

Hostility is not necessary. Most CHP dispatchers/officers are aware of basic 900 codes in their area of responsibility.

i know that for fire, the ICS structure is used..which says that plain text has to be used. no more codes.

i thought this also had to be used in order to receive grant money?
is PD exempt from this because they dont necessarily use the same ICS?

ICS is very common for Fire agencies/departments - It is becoming even more prevalent for law enforcement to use the ICS process. Federal funding for overtime, equipment and other compensation often requires ICS documentation. One of the requirements for ICS is plain text when communicating with other agencies, especially when using interoperability equipment. I have had to fill out ICS/Federal paperwork for several events (training and real) that involve multiple public safety entities.

It is a standard method of operation for the majority of law enforcement agencies to use plain text when dealing with other agencies - during dynamic events and organized tactical events.

There are three primary methods of inter-agency communications in Sacramento.

1. Hotline (dedicated landline intercom)
2. CLERS
3. Comm-Link

All three have MOUs and operational orders that require the use of plain text.

There can be a dozen pro's and con's for the use of plain text versus radio codes - but this thread is about Sac 900 codes. It's not a battle of who-knows-what or whose big toes got stepped on - it's about providing information. Opinions belong in other portions of this forum.

PS
With all due respect cousinkix1953 - You may have used crystal scanners ( so have I, plus a few antique "dial" radios ) but there are several of us who post regularly, who actually use the equipment and are active members of public safety entities with years of experience.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Plain english isn't always obvious either. Here is a snippet from the LA Riots.

"Police officers responded to a domestic dispute, accompanied by marines. They had just gone up to the door when two shotgun birdshot rounds were fired through the door, hitting the officers. One yelled `cover me!' to the marines, who then laid down a heavy base of fire. . . . The police officer had not meant `shoot' when he yelled `cover me' to the marines. [He] meant . . . point your weapons and be prepared to respond if necessary. However, the marines responded instantly in the precise way they had been trained, where `cover me' means provide me with cover using firepower. . . . over two hundred bullets [were] fired into that house."

Umm... Oops? ROFL

Well, they DEFINITELY provided cover. I can remember wishing I had that kind of cover a few times when I was working the SbdoCo desert...

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
You don't impress me either Mr. Know-It-All.

That's funny, because I find it very impressive that Roln and Ant are ACTUAL USERS of Sacramento's TRS and take the time to educate us about it. Thanks guys.

Might I suggest that if you're going to engage in passing judgment on agencies that lie more than 100 miles from where you live, that you exercise the decency and maturity to not chastise those members of the public safety community in the immediate area for sharing relevant information to the topic. In doing so you have inadvertently made yourself the "know-it-all" in this conversation.

cousinkix1953

That's funny, because I find it very impressive that Roln and Ant are ACTUAL USERS of Sacramento's TRS and take the time to educate us about it. Thanks guys.

Might I suggest that if you're going to engage in passing judgment on agencies that lie more than 100 miles from where you live, that you exercise the decency and maturity to not chastise those members of the public safety community in the immediate area for sharing relevant information to the topic. In doing so you have inadvertently made yourself the "know-it-all" in this conversation.
A dozen versions of the 900 codes since the 1960s is a tower of Babel in my book. It's one thing, when it was just a local matter, but it's a different story, when you get into these expanded regional and even a state-wide system. Try speaking in the same tongue! It's better to standardize or junk the whole thing. Stick to using the various penal and vehicle codes that everybody in the field understands. Cop talk like 211, 459, 187 etc mean the same thing from Oregon to Mexico and east to Nevada and Arizona...

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
9xx codes in Sacramento

A dozen versions of the 900 codes since the 1960s is a tower of Babel in my book. It's one thing, when it was just a local matter, but it's a different story, when you get into these expanded regional and even a state-wide system. Try speaking in the same tongue! It's better to standardize or junk the whole thing. Stick to using the various penal and vehicle codes that everybody in the field understands. Cop talk like 211, 459, 187 etc mean the same thing from Oregon to Mexico and east to Nevada and Arizona...
That is NOT the topic of this thread. The OP wants to know about 900 codes used in SACRAMENTO. And RolnCode3 is a USER of the Sacramento system.

I went through the postings here and compared them to my personal list. There are some 9xx codes in which I have 3 or 4 different definitions for, and I've heard those different meanings in Sacramento. You really have to pay attention to the context in order to know what is being said. Then of course there are the 5xx codes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.