DSDPlus DSD+ Command Line Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy404ns

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
429
Reaction score
29
Location
New Hampshire
Hi all -

I'm a bit surprised I haven't found anything in the readmes or searching through the forums but I'm looking for anything that explains the command line output for DSD+ as is decodes. Specifically the final column tends to have a lot of abbreviations and codes that I can't decipher. Below are a few screen shots:

1718557532931.png

1718557553894.png

So for those, I don't know what the following mean:
- CACH ERR
- CSBK
- TLC
- Rate 1/2 Data
- ERR2, ERR3 (are these specific error codes?)
- Rate 3/4 Data FEC FAIL
- The code following XPT Beacon

Thanks in advance!
 

cg

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
5,244
Reaction score
1,773
Location
Connecticut
Most have been previously discussed in the forums, there is a search forum function in upper right corner.

I believe XPT info is site info and talkgroup activity on linked channels
 

dave3825

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
10,911
Reaction score
6,447
Location
Suffolk County NY
ERR means error. So either its a weak signal, to strong of a signal, or the PPM for the dongle is off. An occasional err is ok but your second pic is not.

You dont state what version of DSDPlus your using. Post a screenshot of the spectrum when your tuned to the freq in your second pic.
 

andy404ns

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
429
Reaction score
29
Location
New Hampshire
Sorry for dropping off for a while - was traveling. The screen shots in my initial post were from the public release of DSDPlus. I've since upgraded to Fastlane and am running the most current version - v2.465

I also found my way to the technical standards doc for DMR - "ETSI TS 102 361-1 V2.4.1" which explains a lot of the abbreviations I'm seeing. Still not clear on what I can do with the XPT Beacon info.

Here's an interesting one I just found while browsing around the 900 band:

1719981125786.png

1719981176887.png

I gather ECC is an encryption thing and RAS is restricted access to the system. No idea why it says Aloha!

Curious what the system might be. There aren't any tier3 systems listed in the rrdb around me although. I vaguely recall seeing that nonstandard tier3 can't be monitored but I could also be making that up completely.

No information is populating in Groups, Radios, or Control Channel windows.
 

scanfan03

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 2, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
17
Location
Houston, Texas
I don't know your location exactly, but, 935.525 was a frequency used by PDV here in houston on their nationwide Cap max system EDIT: Connect + not Cap max, I get them mixed up all the time. Also up there in new hampshire it's licensed to Industrial wireless technologies along with these frequencies at the same site (2 different locations with these exact same frequencies):

4935.5125000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
4935.5250000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
4935.5375000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
4935.5500000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
4935.5625000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
4935.5750000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
4935.5875000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
4935.6000000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
4935.6125000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
4935.6250000013K6F3EFB2C11000.00043.18453-71.3195EPSOMMERRIMACKNH
 
Last edited:

cg

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
5,244
Reaction score
1,773
Location
Connecticut
You need to enter the info into the Networks, Sites, and Frequencies files. The radios and groups will populate themselves once you enter the info in.

That system is Industrial Communications and Electronics and is currently being built to replace the Con+ system which is:
The one site you have that says CC=1 is not yet in service, thus the 1
 

andy404ns

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
429
Reaction score
29
Location
New Hampshire
Thanks guys. I'm still a bit confused though. @scanfan03 can you link me to the license you pulled that site info from? I know this doesn't always matter but the emission designator on those is for analog voice whereas the data I was seeing in DSD is DMR.

@cg I have that particular Industrial Communications system set up and I monitor it regularly. It's a DMR Connect Plus whereas the system I was seeing in DSD is showing up as DMR Tier 3 Non-Standard.

I did, however, find an Industrial Communications system that is T3 non-standard using that frequency in MA:


That particular site is too far for me to monitor though. So I'm assuming that I'm getting a not yet identified site on this system where that frequency is reused.

I still don't understand what I'm seeing with respect to the sites in the DSD+ output. e.g. what does "L1-68" translate to? I found a few posts in the forums about DSD having issues decoding the system information for these Tier3 types but I couldn't really follow the technical details.

I suppose it's sort of a moot point since the talk groups are likely encrypted. At this point I'm just hoping to learn more about understanding how to interpret DSD+ I think.

Appreciate you all helping out.
 

mtindor

FMP24 PRO USER
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
12,286
Reaction score
3,553
Location
Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Thanks guys. I'm still a bit confused though. @scanfan03 can you link me to the license you pulled that site info from? I know this doesn't always matter but the emission designator on those is for analog voice whereas the data I was seeing in DSD is DMR.

@cg I have that particular Industrial Communications system set up and I monitor it regularly. It's a DMR Connect Plus whereas the system I was seeing in DSD is showing up as DMR Tier 3 Non-Standard.

I did, however, find an Industrial Communications system that is T3 non-standard using that frequency in MA:


That particular site is too far for me to monitor though. So I'm assuming that I'm getting a not yet identified site on this system where that frequency is reused.

I still don't understand what I'm seeing with respect to the sites in the DSD+ output. e.g. what does "L1-68" translate to? I found a few posts in the forums about DSD having issues decoding the system information for these Tier3 types but I couldn't really follow the technical details.

I suppose it's sort of a moot point since the talk groups are likely encrypted. At this point I'm just hoping to learn more about understanding how to interpret DSD+ I think.

Appreciate you all helping out.

S|L|H = Small, Large, Huge. They are network models. Then you have the Network ID (1) and the Site ID (68)

L1-68

mike
 

cg

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
5,244
Reaction score
1,773
Location
Connecticut
And T=Tiny

As long as you have all the ICE Con+ sites set up, if you do a search in your frequency file, you should find the frequency (there is some frequency reuse across the system).
Same license is used, they are simply changing DMR system type. The locations should remain the same but the Site numbers are changing.

Here are my Holyoke MA entries for the system. I have been copying the Con+ frequencies line for the active TIII control sites and pasting it under a new ICE Tier III heading. I then use the semicolon and block that channel from the Con+ system. Channels I figured out by creating a 900 bandplan Excel sheet

; Site 36 Holyoke, ICE Con+
Con+, 134, 36, 1, 939.1750, 0.0, 1
Con+, 134, 36, 3, 938.1750, 0.0, 2
Con+, 134, 36, 5, 937.1750, 0.0, 3
;Con+, 134, 36, 7, 936.1750, 0.0, 4
Con+, 134, 36, 9, 935.1750, 0.0, 5

; Site 74 Holyoke, ICE TIII
;TIIINonStd, L1, 74, 29, 935.17500, 0.0, 1, 6 ;
TIIINonStd, L1, 74, 189, 936.17500, 0.0, 2, 6 ;
;TIIINonStd, L1, 74, 349, 937.17500, 0.0, 3, 6 ;
;TIIINonStd, L1, 74, 509, 938.17500, 0.0, 4, 6 ;
;TIIINonStd, L1, 74, 669, 939.17500, 0.0, 5, 6 ;
 

andy404ns

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
429
Reaction score
29
Location
New Hampshire
Ah okay. I didn't realize the TIII was a replacement for the Con+. I suppose that explains why the System ID is the same between the two of them (HEX: 86 DEC: 134).

In the case of the frequency I identified - 935.5250, I'm not sure how it fits in since I don't see that frequency at all in the Cap+ ICE system.

I get what you're doing with the frequencies file. I'm kinda surprised it's a 1:1 swap but then again I have no idea what I'm doing generally. It does look like you have an extra entry in each row of the TIII system - that trailing 6. What's that about?

And the notes in the frequencies file state "for TIII, siteNumber format = area.site" though I wonder if that differs for non-standard vs standard.
 

mtindor

FMP24 PRO USER
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
12,286
Reaction score
3,553
Location
Carroll Co OH / EN90LN
Ah okay. I didn't realize the TIII was a replacement for the Con+. I suppose that explains why the System ID is the same between the two of them (HEX: 86 DEC: 134).

In the case of the frequency I identified - 935.5250, I'm not sure how it fits in since I don't see that frequency at all in the Cap+ ICE system.

I get what you're doing with the frequencies file. I'm kinda surprised it's a 1:1 swap but then again I have no idea what I'm doing generally. It does look like you have an extra entry in each row of the TIII system - that trailing 6. What's that about?

And the notes in the frequencies file state "for TIII, siteNumber format = area.site" though I wonder if that differs for non-standard vs standard.

The trailing 6 is DCC (color code)

TIII Standard systems have site numbers like 1.2, 2.4
TIIINonStd systems (like CAPMAX, Selex) have site numbers like 74, no decimals.
 

cg

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
5,244
Reaction score
1,773
Location
Connecticut
That frequency is licensed at Epsom & Farmington NH. If it wasn't used in the CON+, it would be available for the Tier III.
 

slicerwizard

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2002
Messages
7,802
Reaction score
2,196
Location
Toronto, Ontario
- ERR2, ERR3 (are these specific error codes?)
They are soft error counts.

I gather ECC is an encryption thing and RAS is restricted access to the system. No idea why it says Aloha!

No information is populating in Groups, Radios, or Control Channel windows.
Error Correction Codes not working due to use of RAS, i.e. "This system is using RAS."

Aloha is a common standard TIII message.

No information because no-one is talking. No-one talking means no voice encryption indicators either way (yea or nay)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top