996 vs 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
I need to get 3 new Uniden digital scanners for a vehicle I'm getting. They will be replacing 3 Uniden BCT15's -- doesn't make much sense to put analog radios in a new car.

Aside from the LCD screen colour choices and memory differences, are there any significant reasons for me to buy the 996XT's instead?

SCPD

QRT
On p25 conventional systems you can program the NAC. Unit Id on trunking systems, with firmware upgrade. Fire tone out. System hold.
The 996XT case is black, I never did like the silver of the 996T.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Unit ID's as well is a nice feature,

In general for our area (GTA Toronto) there isnt THAT much difference since we dont really have NAC systems.

Audio is much nicer on the XT.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I need to get 3 new Uniden digital scanners .................Aside from the LCD screen colour choices and memory differences, are there any significant reasons for me to buy the 996XT's instead?

It balances between a slightly lower price for the 996 and the expanded technology in the 996XT. Things like the new unit ID feature, expanded memory (always a good thing) and such.

Personally, if I had the money to buy one new scanner, let alone 3, I would bite the bullet and get the XT just to keep the technology up to date.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Do the RH96 remote heads work w/ the 996XT? I have two of them brand new in their boxes and would like to use them in the new car....

MarkWestin

The RH96 will work with the 996XT, but may or may not need a firmware update in order to work, depending on its age. Newer units already have the update, while older units will need the update.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.