996 XT Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

lep

I use Butel ARC-XT. The author is an RR member and sometimes comments on these forums.
Yes, it has a modest cost. But, I am a professional in my field and I charge for my services in another field not related to radio so I am think it only fair that we users pay for services we want to consume.

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
FreeScan

I use FreeScan for both my 996XT and 996T. It does everything I need it to and did I mention it's free?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Asking for the best software is like asking what is the best car? You're quite liable to get a whole range of answers. There are only 3 packages for this - FreeScan, ProScan and ARC-XT

I would start off with FreeScan, which is freeware, then move onto ProScan or ARC-XT at some later time if you need their capabilities. All the authors can be found here, and in fact ProScan has its own sticky thread for support.

This article gives you all the links you need...(all links are blue)

Uniden DMA Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki

and this article will get you started on how to understand how to program the DMA scanners, USB-serial cables and much more. Find your scanner at the bottom of this article and read the Easier to Read manual - don't bother with the Uniden mess...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Asking for the best software is like asking what is the best car? You're quite liable to get a whole range of answers. There are only 3 packages for this - FreeScan, ProScan and ARC-XT

I would start off with FreeScan, which is freeware, then move onto ProScan or ARC-XT at some later time if you need their capabilities. All the authors can be found here, and in fact ProScan has its own sticky thread for support.

This article gives you all the links you need...(all links are blue)

Uniden DMA Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki

and this article will get you started on how to understand how to program the DMA scanners, USB-serial cables and much more. Find your scanner at the bottom of this article and read the Easier to Read manual - don't bother with the Uniden mess...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Thanks to all for your speedy replies!

KI6AOK

Premium Subscriber
Yes FREESCAN is free..but the owner Asks does accept donations .. but does not insist on it or demand it. Seems only fair to donate a few $$ to him if you like his program after you try it out.

You are absolutely correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.