996T Conventional issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I have a system of conventional freqs with 9 groups in it, it is area counties and when I get to that county I enable it and disable the one I'm leaving. I accidentally got to the point of no groups active and I got the nothing to scan message, even though the system is still on. Trouble is when I try to enable a group it will not do it, none of the 9 groups will come back to allow the scanner to scan. Ideas?

n4yek

I have a system of conventional freqs with 9 groups in it, it is area counties and when I get to that county I enable it and disable the one I'm leaving. I accidentally got to the point of no groups active and I got the nothing to scan message, even though the system is still on. Trouble is when I try to enable a group it will not do it, none of the 9 groups will come back to allow the scanner to scan. Ideas?

It sounds like you have disabled ALL of your sub groups in the Main conventional system you created.
Try pressing and holding 'Function' then press '1' to see if you get one of them back.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Press FUNC, scroll back to the system you want to turn the group on in, then press the group quick key you want to enable.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys, I had partially read the Wiki on nothing to scan last year when I bought the radio. Paying more attention to the Trunked side of that than the conventional side. I've got a handle on it now, Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.