996T Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFL

I have deleted all but the Nationwide and Michigan MPSCS systems and programmed a couple of my own systems.
At this time, I would like to only monitor/test my own programmed systems easily.

Is there a simple way to lock-out the complete Nationwide and Michigan MPSCS systems without having to lock-out all of the many individual groups and sites?

Thanks..

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
RFL said:
I have deleted all but the Michigan MPSCS system and programmed a couple of my own systems.
At this time, I would like to only monitor/test my own programmed systems easily.

Is there a simple way to lock-out the complete Michigan MPSCS system without having to lock-out all of the many individual groups and sites?

Thanks..

You can lock out just the system, you don't need to lock out each individual frequency or talkgroup.

Just hit the menu key, select program system, scroll to your system that you want to lock out, select the site, then system options, then select set lockout, then select lockout or temporary lockout. Or if you have a Quick Key assigned to the system, just hit the number of the assigned Quick Key to toggle the system on or off.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Or, while scanning hold down FUNC while scrolling to the system you want to lock/unlock. Continue to hold down FUNC and press L/O.

By far, though, the easiest way is to assign it to its own Quick Key and, while scanning, press [.] 2 0 to turn off the nationwide stuff and the quick key assigned to the other systems you want to stop scanning.

RFL

Thanks W4KKR,
I was hoping to avoid having to lock out each individual site as there are MANY sites and then I would have to unlock each site to enable the system again.

Within the Michigan MPSCS system, I do not see a menu item to lock out the complete system under the "edit system option" or anywhere else in that system menu area.
Also, I do not see a menu item allowing me to assign a QK to the Michigan MPSCS system.

RFL

Thanks UPman,
Ok, I just tried that and the 996 shows me the systems to lock out... But...in the Michigan MPSCS system (provided by Uniden), what the 996 shows me are the "sites" within the Michigan MPSCS system to lock out and Not the whole Michigan MPSCS system. The "systems" it shows me are listed as "sites" when I go into edit that system via menu.

I did find that I can lock out the Nationwide system, but no lock out option exists within the Michigan MPSCS system...that I can find anyway.. :)

Oh, and that was an Excellent article you wrote that was given with the 996. That enabled me to easily program in my first trunk system! (I bought my last scanner about 20 yrs ago... they have come a long way!)

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
As factory programmed, all the Michigan systems and sites are assigned to SQK 37. So, to stop scanning them all at one time (w/o having to lock them out), while scanning press [.] 3 7.

RFL

That did it!! :D
I have tried Func+.37 but did not realize I did not need to use the Func key.

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.