996XT and 396XT SQKs set after programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2IRT

Hi all,

Something I've noticed lately that I'm curious about. Let's say before I load new programming into my 396 or 996xt that I have system quick keys 1,2 & 0 enabled and scanning. I start the upload but after it's finished, SQKs 1,2,3,4,7 & 0 are enabled and scanning. I will disable 3, 4 and 7, tinker with the programming on my computer and re-upload the changes. Once those changes upload, I'm back to 1,2,3,4,7 & .0. It's not a show-stopper problem, but I'd really like to know where it's getting the idea that those are my default SQKs. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

scover5555

I don't have my programming laptop running right now so I can't tell you exactly where, but if your running Freescan, there are settings for which SQK you want on or off on startup. Every time you upload the programming, it resets the scanner to what the software is set to.

KE5TLF

FreeSCAN
Tools > System Quick Key Manager.

Also when you download make sure the "Get System Quick Key Status" is checked. (and/or it's equivalent for upload to scanner)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This is something you can resolve with your programming software. It appears that the software is telling your scanner to enable all SQKs by default.

If you are using ARC XT, Go to QuickKeys (top row), dropdown to Quick Key Status and when the System QuickKeys Window opens, check only the boxes for the Quick Keys you want to be enabled. Then, send this to the scanner. Also, you'll need to do this each time you write programming changes to your scanner so that the desired Quick Key status is sent to the scanner. (This can be sent as part of the programming systems process by checking the "Send System Quick Key Status" box just above the green Send to Scanner button.

If you are using FreeScan, a somewhat similar feature can be found in Tools>System Quick Key Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.