AA Rechargable Lithium batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
As for the post claiming Nicads and the energizer batteries gave about the same run time... I am referring to the non-Rechargable lithium AA cells. Energizer batteries come in different flavors. They have a Rechargable battery that is not a lithium battery-hope you aren’t confusing the disposable lithium’s with the rechargables.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Ok on all. The higher 3.7 volt cells that you mention have a slightly larger form factor than a regular common 1.5 volt AA size. They shouldn’t fit in a 325 or a 436 without forcing or modifying the battery case.
Nope. 14500 cells are exactly the same size as AAs. That's why I use them when I do my battery conversion mod.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Nope. 14500 cells are exactly the same size as AAs. That's why I use them when I do my battery conversion mod.
Ok. I remember browsing online (when the BCD436HP first came out) for a AA form factor Li that could be recharged but only found the higher voltage cells that closely resembled a AA sized battery. I never referred to them as 14500’s, someone else did and I just assumed that’s what I must have seen. Do you know of a Li battery that is slightly fatter in size? I do recall being pretty sure of myself but have been wrong in the past. How much run time do you see with the 14500’s when you do your battery conversion mod on the BCD436HP HP? Is a battery conversion mod offerred on the BCD325P2?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The mod only works on the 436 because Li-ion cells are 3x the voltage of NiMH cells. The mod adds a few hours to runtime, and allows charging while the scanner is on.

I'm not familiar with any cells similar to AA form factor, but fatter.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
The mod only works on the 436 because Li-ion cells are 3x the voltage of NiMH cells. The mod adds a few hours to runtime, and allows charging while the scanner is on.

And is there a BCD325P2 battery mod? Do you have an online catalogue listing all that you do?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber

👍 Then I stand corrected. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.