• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Abbree AR-2520 Software?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where I can find the software for the Abbree AR-2520? I looked online and the Abbree website does not seem to have it.

transmission1

Hi,

Just got one of the Abbree AR-2520 radios yesterday. Please could you let me know what the CPS software is called so I can try and track it down? Seems quite a nice radio with good audio. Have emailed the seller but no reply yet.

Many thanks
Simon

raymieboy55

I have found the same issue could you send me a copy of the software or a link to ware I can find it thanks

Hi,

Just got one of the Abbree AR-2520 radios yesterday. Please could you let me know what the CPS software is called so I can try and track it down? Seems quite a nice radio with good audio. Have emailed the seller but no reply yet.

Many thanks
Simon
Hi Simon could you send me a picture of the rj45 end of the programming cable so I can make up a wiring diagram for myself and post it for othe members thanks

sp4feu

Here we fix the fan issue on the Abbree AR-2520 by updating to the latest firmware.

Attachments

• 2520Update240123.zip
    181.5 KB · Views: 139

sp3vss

Mic pinout:

1 Brown PTT
2 Red +8V input to 3V3 IC
3 Yellow GND digital
4 Green TX
5 Black GND audio
6 White Mic
7 Gray RX
8 Blue SPK

If you want to send, connect pin 1 to GND.
PTT2 button goes on the 5th leg of the integrated circuit

Last edited:

Hannes_Seppl

I use the AR-2520 V1
Plus the original cable
The cable is recognized by the PC and assigned to COM port 6.
When I select the COM port in the software and want to read or write, I always get the message "communication error".
I have also tried other converters. With these I have sacrificed a network cable and connected pin 3 to GND, pin 4 to TX+ and PIN 7 to TX-. I swapped pin 4 & pin 7.
But no matter what I try, it doesn't work.
There seems to be no handshake between the radio and the PC.

raymieboy55

What pc? Only ever worked on windows for me tried it on Linux and had the same problem , have a look on YouTube for Tech-Minds ABBREE ar2520 he tells you exactly how to do it and when to have the radio on or off plus there's a firmware update too

Hannes_Seppl

Thanks for the quick reply.
I am using a Windows PC.
It looks like my radio already has the latest firmware. But even an attempt to update the firmware like TechMinds failed.
How did you solve the problem? Was it solved by the fact that you are using a Windows PC?

Hannes_Seppl

It all looks so simple in the video from Tech-Minds.
I was under the impression that the device being switched on or off was only relevant when updating the firmware. But I will watch the programming video again and make sure I haven't overlooked any important steps.

raymieboy55

Yeah changing pc solved my issue, I used a butchered baofeng programming cable at first. also try updating drivers

Hannes_Seppl

I must have had a bad data cable.
I crimped an RJ45 plug onto a cheap Baofeng cable and it works!

Hannes_Seppl

The colors of my Baofeng cable are
blue = GND = crimped to pin 3
red = TX = crimped to pin 4
yellow = RX = crimped to Pin 7

raymieboy55

Excellent mate glad you got it sorted as it's a pain having to program repeaters in manually