Accessing Frequency Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanatta

Premium Subscriber
Now that I've paid for a Premium Subscription, how do I access list of frequencies for my area?

vanatta

Premium Subscriber
I just signed up tonight...not sure what my $15 dollars gets me, but I'm looking to download a pdf of conventional frequencies like the sample posted here: http://www.radioreference.com/downloads/examples/county-2537.pdf . The page you sent me to didn't tell me anything liker what those frequncies belonged to.

I'm trying to program a Uniden BCD-396T and lost as to how to dump select frequencies into it.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Vanatta,

Did you click on your state, then county?

Where are you located? I suppose I don't mind posting the direct link in the database to your county location - but seriously, it's about as easy as anyone can think to Click on your state, then click on your county, and see all the data that you need.

vanatta

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help by the way....what I'm looking for are the frequncies that correspond to Baltimore County MD Fire Main Dispatch, groups East, West and Central, and subgroups Fire Ground Tactical and conversations. probably sitting right in front of my face, but I can't see it.

After we find them, I want to be able to download it to my Uniden handheld scanner.

Thanks.

vanatta

Premium Subscriber
Like the ones at the bottom of this page...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=189

And see where it says:

16 001 MAIN 1 Fire - Main Dispatch (Simulcast with 46.46 MHz)
48 003 CENTRL 2 Fire - Central Response
80 005 EAST 3 Fire - Eastern Response
112 007 WEST 4 Fire - Western Response
144 009 EM OPS 5 Battalion Chief administrative
176 00b ADMIN 6 Administrative & Headquarters
208 00d FM/SUPPLY 7 Fire Maintenance & Supply
240 00f EMS 8 EMS Administrative
272 011 FI-FP 9 Fire Investigation & Fire Prevention
336 015 B1 FGC 11 Battalion 1 Command Net
368 017 B1 TAC 12 Battalion 1 Fireground Command/Operations
400 019 B1 TAC 13 Battalion 1 Fireground
432 01b B1 TAC 14 Battalion 1 Fireground
464 01d B2 FGC 21 Battalion 2 Command Net
496 01f B2 TAC 22 Battalion 2 Fireground Comma

What are the frequencies with these?

WB2UZR

The frequencies are right above the info you posted, under "system frequencies" , if I understand your question.

Scott/WB2UZR

vanatta

Premium Subscriber
Yep, saw those, but it doesn't break them down to the specific entities. I want only a few, not ALL of them. It appears that they are shared by ALL public safety, and I only want specific ones, fire department and police from one district.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Import the control channels that you want then the talk groups then just lock out the ones that you don't want with a trunking system and a trunking scanner all you need is the control channel and the scanner does the rest. I see that you are new here and I don't know how new you are to using a scanner but my 1st thought some reading on your part can go a long way, check out the Wiki here about how to program your scanner, then when you think you are lost read some more. try and wrap you brain around your new toy.

vanatta

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I do have a trunking scanner. And, if I'm hearing you correctly, all I need is the control numbers to input into the scanner and the scanner will take care of the rest. So once I've gone through the map on here, clicked on MD, then Baltimore County, I don't see anything called "control numbers". Where can I find those?

And last question...what did my $15 get me? I don't seem to be able to access anything differently then I did before.

Thanks again for the help.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Vanatta,

Premium subscribers get all the benefits as listed on the following page:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/subscription/

Please read through that page very carefully.

The most popular "feature" that premium subscribers get is access to the Web service, which allows you to program your scanner using software that directly accesses the database... see that above page for the software applications that support the Web service (some are free, some cost money etc)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Before I begin, anything in blue - or in the case of the wiki, underlined and/or blue - is a link.

We have a list of all software that is compatible with the web service (which you can access with a subscription) here...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/RadioReference.com_Web_Service

As for software, both the freeware packages BCTool and FreeScan can connect to the database and download data. Both have dedicated forums (BCTool's can be found on Yahoo groups, while FreeScan has its own forums linked on its page) where the author answers questions. Note that many people just starting off assume a PDF file is for downloading data into another app - not in this case.

Now, as for trunking - all you need to really program are the frequencies shown in RED on this link, and set up the 396 for control channel only mode...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=189

But before we even get that far, I'd suggest reading up on how trunking works first. Check out the links in the overview section...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking

The 396 is a scanner that we refer to as utilizing Dynamic Memory Architecture, or DMA. What this means is that there are no banks as you may think of them now, such as those on a FM car radio. Instead you allocate the frequencies you wish to program from a pool of, in your case, 6000 different channels. This may take a bit to wrap your mind around, but once you get it, it's easy to understand. Read the links in this article, and I would also download the 'Easier to Read' manual for the 396 as linked at the bottom.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Uniden_DMA_FAQ

73 Mike

Last edited:

WB2UZR

What type of scanner do you have?

If you import or just enter in the control channel freqs, and let the scanner run, it will show the talk group ids of the departments you see listed.

You probably need to read up on trunking to understand better, there is a lot of info on the web. It's better to have some knowledge of what you are doing for best results. There is a lot more to it.

Scott/WB2UZR

Country54

Looks like you and I are having the same problem.I see all the conventional frequencies listed for my specific county and state which is Sullivan Co.,Mo.,but don't see such things as the local telephone company frequency nor any of the local area businesses listed even though they are listed in the .pdf file for all the county fcc licenses I downloaded to check out.
My question is this-Do ALL known frequencies download to the scanner when I click on the download link or just those that are visible on the computer screen-??
In my case my new scanner is the new Radio Shack Pro-135 handheld.I have a Premium subscription here at rr.com as well as the ARC-135 software to download conventional frequencies directly from this website.This is the 1st computer programmable scanner I have EVER owned.
The main use I intended for it other than using it as a listening hobby was for emergencies such as Severe Weather monitoring especially when electricity was lost like it was last week.

vanatta

Premium Subscriber
For Gloucester county Va., I am trying to program the fire tac talkgroups Tac 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and I can not find the DEC numbers format to do this..... Only DEC listed is 1322 which is fire dispatch main.. Frustrated -- Where do I go ?

hfxChris

Database Admin
If they're not in the database, that means nobody has submitted them yet. The database is user-submitted.
If you want to try and find them yourself, you can set your scanner to Search mode (instead of Scan mode, assuming you still have the BCD396T you had earlier in this thread) - it will then listen to all talkgroups on the system, then try and figure out which talkgroups are the fire tactical talkgroups.
So if you hear the dispatcher on the dispatching talkgroup tell a unit to use "Tac 1", then set your scanner to Search mode and listen for the same unit, then you've found the Tac 1 talkgroup ID (the DEC number). Once you find them remember to submit them to the database here!

It's a bit of a pain I realize, but somebody at some point would have done something similar for all of the other talkgroups in the database!

Status
Not open for further replies.