• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Adding P25 to M7100ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to add P25 to an M7100ip (Model Number: MAHG-SHHXX). If so, what would it cost?

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Yes, (to do it by the book) the last price sheet I have dated late 2015 shows $1,100 for P25T.

What all is involved with doing this? I have Programmer R18 so I will be able to do my own programming but as far as getting the P25, what will be needed?

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I'm reasonably sure that ProGrammer 18 doesn't support P25 trunking. It may support a rudimentary implementation of it, but as I have been told by those with more experience in this matter than my own, what ProGrammer 18 allows in the way of P25 trunking programming is not sufficient to allow the radio to operate with full spec P25 systems.

If this is not true, please tell me so that I may update my own information. I have zero desire to state anything that is not true.

snoopyII

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Sorry guys, I should have clarified. This radio will be used as a "Base" radio in my home to monitor my local sheriff's department. I only need P25 Conventional. No trunking.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Minimum Revision of Radio Programer to support P-25-T

Elroy is correct. ProGrammer 18 does not support P25T. You need R19 at the very minimum.

In Radio Programmer, R17a03 was the first revision to support P-25 Trunking (Phase-1), and did NOT require a license key to install. This software application was only given to a couple of M/A-Com customers (York County, Pennsylvania, etc.) to get them going on their brand-new P-25 Trunk systems.

The first "official" public release of Programmer software to support P-25 Trunking was R19a06, and did require a license key for installation.

========

The following revisions of Radio Programmer before being replaced with Radio Program Manager (RPM) were:

R17A03...EXCEPTION RELEASE with P-25 Trunk Support

R17A05...No P-25 Trunk support

R18B02...No P-25 Trunk support

R19A06...First public release with P-25 Trunk Support, and required License Key

R20A10...Final M/A-Com labeled version.

R20B01...Special version for the US Navy, which did not require a license key to install.

R20C05....Final version, only change from R20a10 is the 'branding' logo was changed from M/A-Com to Harris.

I hope this helps...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.