ADS-B Exchange

tinman981

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone experience long load time when opening ADS-B Exchange on the computer ? Im running 1gig on a fairly new MacBook Pro thats not loaded down with crap.
Thanks
Jeff

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Sometimes when I load it on my smartphone it takes about 10 seconds to show everything, you can use your fingers and just back off and it'll load little faster.

tinman981

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes when I load it on my smartphone it takes about 10 seconds to show everything, you can use your fingers and just back off and it'll load little faster.
Thank you so much ...I Never thought of backing off I'll try that tonight

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
On a Mid 2011 Mac Mini with 16GB of RAM it takes about eight seconds to fully load aircraft in California and areas further from a reset. It loads much faster after that, around three seconds, with a refresh and whatnot already in the cache.

A minute later I tried using a Mac Mini 2023 with an M2 chip and 8GB of RAM and it took less than two seconds for the same full area of California and all the aircraft in it. I did this test on both just after 6PM PT today (0100 UTC). Both machines use an SSD as their main drive and my down/up speed is at least 300 Mbps and 20 Mbps.

Are you using a VPN? Are you using WiFi? Your load times could be affected by those amongst other things.

Last edited:

BinaryMode

What I do is click or tap the U to only show military planes which are fewer and thus won't be such a load on the computer. Then I'll Nav over to where I want to go and zoom in then hit the U again to show all traffic.

Hope that helps.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
ADSB-EXCHANGE LOADS IN BETWEEN 1 AND 2 SECONDS
BELL fib HIGH SPEED INTERNET

I have a XPS 8950 DELL
Device name Home
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Saint

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
no, i use firefox with ublock, noscript etc. Loads from favorites tab click to airplanes in 1-2 seconds including weather radar