Military Drone Tracking on ADS-B Exchange

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
Added all those to the site.
No duplicates other than a few in the E-6B / E-3B list with what I had.
I just de-duplicated it and updated the button name.
The E6/E3 ICAOs are nothing like the Poseidon ICAO list, so have left the two buttons and their lists till instructed otherwise.
Thanks for the work putting them together!

1724197691998.png

BinaryMode

No, P8 IS a Poseidon. You have two buttons there...

I meant P8, not P3.

Edit-

Never mind, man. I see you now just have P8.

Would you happen to know why ADSB Exchange shows an aircraft that landed some 16 or better hours ago? It's clutter on what should be an otherwise active screen.

Last edited:

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
Would you happen to know why ADSB Exchange shows an aircraft that landed some 16 or better hours ago?
Any of the tar1090 sites are keeping history, so yes, once you know your aircraft hex and have it as the sole aircraft on the page (Click on it, or put /?icao=xxxxxx (its ICAO), just click the + on the History on the right and expand the date time panel and you can go back and forth there as needed.
If you are looking more for all flights in a given area, move to your interest area and zoom, then put /?=replay in the URL and you can go back and forth in time from there on the bottom of the browser tab.

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
Oh crap, sorry @BinaryMode I read your post before the morning coffee kicked in and answered a very different question to what I thought you asked.....
No, no idea why it would dwell that long. 16 hours is waaaay too long for ADSB.
Did you see it on my trackmap page, or their site?
I don't think my iframe should do anything weird like that, it should be very live.
My bottom right map has a dwell of 30 min for all feeds.
If you have not seen it, this is the 'about' page for my site, which again, is just an iFrame on the trackmap page.

BinaryMode

Here's what I'm talking about. All of the maps show this V-22 was last seen 17 hours ago except the bottom right map. I see this on my end just using ADSB Exchange URLs with the appended HEX IDs. Is there anyway to get rid of that? I tried many things in the map at ADSB Exchange's website and couldn't change the aircraft from showing up as clutter.

Attachments

• yfrtghjryt.jpg
    yfrtghjryt.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 10

WB2UZR

Here's what I'm talking about. All of the maps show this V-22 was last seen 17 hours ago except the bottom right map. I see this on my end just using ADSB Exchange URLs with the appended HEX IDs. Is there anyway to get rid of that? I tried many things in the map at ADSB Exchange's website and couldn't change the aircraft from showing up as clutter.
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I use this preamble before the hex numbers so you don't get the old data:
h t t p s://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icaoFilter=####,##### etc (I left spaces between the https so it wouldn't show up as a link.)

BinaryMode

Ah, I'm using
Code:
/?icao=
I'll try that latter today and see what happens.

And here's a tip for you. I don't render JavaScript on this website, but for you when you see the options at the bottom of the post box, there should be some kind of an option to "Not parse links or URLs." Click that and any link you post will not get parsed, i.e. turned into a hyper link.

WB2UZR

Ah, I'm using
Code:
/?icao=
I'll try that latter today and see what happens.

And here's a tip for you. I don't render JavaScript on this website, but for you when you see the options at the bottom of the post box, there should be some kind of an option to "Not parse links or URLs." Click that and any link you post will not get parsed, i.e. turned into a hyper link.
Thanks for that tip, I think I might have known that, but slipped my mind. I think you'll find adding that "filter" into the URL, it will do the trick. I have a bunch of URLs saved that way for hurricane hunter A/C, NASA, etc. This way you don't see planes that have been on the ground for 20 hours or whatever.
Thanks again!

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
Let me know if you'd like me to change my trackmap page setup to use the 'icaoFilter' trick.
Happy to test it either way or on some of the buttons to see if it gives more accurate results.

WB2UZR

Let me know if you'd like me to change my trackmap page setup to use the 'icaoFilter' trick.
Happy to test it either way or on some of the buttons to see if it gives more accurate results.
For me, I prefer the way the "filter" shows the data. There are probably some instances where you might want to view the old data, but it is sometimes very old, I have seen 20-24 hours, and maybe even longer, don't know. For me, the "filter"map is much less cluttered, I would prefer to see active aircraft rather than stuff that has landed yesterday, or whatever. Just my 2 cents! Maybe test it on some of the buttons to see what folks and yourself think?

PS Thanks for all your work on your site, makes my head spin how much stuff is on there!!

Thanks again!

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
Huh, thats cool.
Turns out that I cant add it to just some buttons, I have to add it to all 6 maps.
When I add it, it no longer selects any aircraft by default and so there is no side panel.
I LOVE IT!
Way cleaner from the start.
Then of course you can pan and zoom any of the maps and select a specific aircraft you want.
Here is a screenshot of just one aircraft selected on airplanes live.

Thanks for the kind words about the site.
Its a lot of work, but knowing that others enjoy it makes it worthwhile.

1724441706469.png

WB2UZR

Huh, thats cool.
Turns out that I cant add it to just some buttons, I have to add it to all 6 maps.
When I add it, it no longer selects any aircraft by default and so there is no side panel.
I LOVE IT!
Way cleaner from the start.
Then of course you can pan and zoom any of the maps and select a specific aircraft you want.
Here is a screenshot of just one aircraft selected on airplanes live.

Thanks for the kind words about the site.
Its a lot of work, but knowing that others enjoy it makes it worthwhile.

View attachment 168067
Hey, that looks pretty good! looks cleaner to me as well, I think its an improvement.

BinaryMode

Thanks for that tip, I think I might have known that, but slipped my mind. I think you'll find adding that "filter" into the URL, it will do the trick. I have a bunch of URLs saved that way for hurricane hunter A/C, NASA, etc. This way you don't see planes that have been on the ground for 20 hours or whatever.
Thanks again!

Yes, I tried the filter parameter yesterday and it worked! Works very good indeed. I also noticed, and like you mentioned that leaving just ICAO shows a bit of history which is a nice feature actually. So I'll utilize both types for my use cases.

Thanks!