ADSBexchange.com - Live Aircraft Tracking Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM82557

Helo symbol??

I was wondering if there is a way the db admins can setup a helo symbol for helos instead of the normal plane symbol that appears to be in use now? Click on the thumbnail below for a larger image -

freqhopping

I was wondering if there is a way the db admins can setup a helo symbol for helos instead of the normal plane symbol that appears to be in use now? Click on the thumbnail below for a larger image -

I've been taking care of that as I see them active. The database auto-populates from PlaneBase and the ICAO type field gets populated with the full model name rather than the ICAO type. I've been editing the records of all interesting A/C so the proper ICAO type is there and thus the proper icon displays.

BM82557

249249 GOTOFMS

Here's an odd one on ADSBexchange from 17:56 local this evening. The GOTOFMS I've seen in the past have been E-6B's. I checked Scramble and 167899 is supposed to be an MH-60S BUT helos are not at 33000' making 441 mph.

Click on the thumbnail for a larger screenshot -

freqhopping

Here's an odd one on ADSBexchange from 17:56 local this evening. The GOTOFMS I've seen in the past have been E-6B's. I checked Scramble and 167899 is supposed to be an MH-60S BUT helos are not at 33000' making 441 mph.

Click on the thumbnail for a larger screenshot -

Yeah, somebody changed my modification of the database where I had this being for E-6B 164404, which it is most of the time. Looking at the reports for past flights it's pretty clear which aircraft is using it and getting logged the most.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
This morning I am getting an "error establishing a database connection". Is everyone else seeing the same thing?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Okay. I just set up to share yesterday and noticed that after a time the display page reverts to the home page. Whenever I went back to the display, aircraft would not show (as in a blank map). I had to clear my browser cache for it to work properly again. I am using FireFox.

Is this normal behavior or possibly related to the outage?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BM82557

It was like that for a while yesterday, I think it was overloaded by users watching the combat air patrol over Washington, DC.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Seems to be back up.
I am still having this pesky issue with Firefox not loading aircraft onto the page after a while. Microsoft Edge seems to display everything without any problem.

freqhopping

My Firefox isn't loading it now, but Chrome seems to be working fine.

Or not, tried to open another tab in Chrome but it timed out. The other tab is still working.

BM82557

What are these stations?

I've noticed what appear to be ground stations that show up under the military filter on AdsbExchange. The two in Australia always display as ground and the one in Austria is always 6800' (Google shows the co-ordinates as being on a mountain). The one is Slovenia has just appeared in the last several days. The squawks are always the same, 7777. 7712 and 7722. Any ideas as to what they are?

Attachments

• Screenshot - 4_3_2016 , 15_20_09.png
    Screenshot - 4_3_2016 , 15_20_09.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 482

kma371

QRT
I've noticed what appear to be ground stations that show up under the military filter on AdsbExchange. The two in Australia always display as ground and the one in Austria is always 6800' (Google shows the co-ordinates as being on a mountain). The one is Slovenia has just appeared in the last several days. The squawks are always the same, 7777. 7712 and 7722. Any ideas as to what they are?

Possibly radar stations.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So I just started using ADS-B Exchange (which is amazing, BTW!), and I'm wondering about the callsign field. It appears many aircraft have the Tail Number in the callsign field, and others leave it blank. Lately I've noticed when I listen to certain aircraft on VHF airband freqs, the *actual* call sign is different from what's listed in the ADS-B broadcasts. Is that callsign field basically meaningless for most aircraft at this point? Do some aircraft use their "actual" callsign for this field?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
The callsign field is entered by the flight crew. In most cases, there doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule about updating/entering correct callsigns (the classic E-6B "GOTO FMS" is a classic example). There was a thread here a few years ago about some of the funny, if not inappropriate callsigns seen on ADSB.

pilotman6012

I am looking for some help,i want to set up a feed for Adsbexchange from my local area so many aircraft,low level that are currently not showing.I'm having a problem with software,i already have a dongle and adsb antenna for 1090,i may have to add a filter.Either step by step instructions or someone to come and help me set it up i just want to set it up and try it.I have to buy things a little at the time because of money.I do not drive due to a head injury,Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.