Advanced Archive Player Error

jtimblin1

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed issues with the advanced archive player related to how the audio is reflected in the advanced viewer? I have listened to multiple archives on multiple feeds where when there is silence when the viewer indicates there is audio in the feed and audio when the viewer indicates silence. Upon further investigation I have found that this only occurs when the zoom is set to all the way out. See below attached screenshots for an example archive zoomed out with the false audio readings and a couple on the same archive zoomed in that shows where the true audio is. Image 6-27-24 at 8.14 AM.jpegImage 6-27-24 at 8.15 AM.jpegImage 6-27-24 at 8.16 AM.jpeg

NFR85

Same with me. I thought It was browser so I tried another. Same thing. I cleared my history and still had silence.

augiedogs

Premium Subscriber
Same with myself. The error usually doesn't start until you manually move the player indicator. After the first initial move it steps out of time never to return. Maybe some mobile friendly css code changes?

This feature is vital to us and the reason we have a premium membership. We haven't been able locate calls and get to some scenes for the past couple of days. Is there an actual bug reporting area I'm missing or tech support email?

jtimblin1

Premium Subscriber

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm aware of the issue. I can't specifically locate what the problem is but I'm going to need to dive into the library that manages the visual mp3 player.

I'm thinking some browser code updates have broken the javascript library for some folks. Be patient while we investigate.

Can you guys advise what browser and operating system you are experiencing the problems on? I'm not able to recreate the issue on Mac OS X and Chrome.

jtimblin1

Premium Subscriber
Also, could you guys point me in the direction of the feed(s) in question where you are seeing this issue?
Thank you for looking into this. It's happening to every feed archive I try to open and look at using the advanced archive player. The only time it is right is when there is no audio at all for the 30 minute window. I am using Chrome and OS X Sonoma 14.5, although I was also experiencing it in IOS 17.5.1 Safari as well.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think you guys might be misinterpreting the display and how it works.

The bottom portion is the timeline of the entire audio clip, and you click in that area to navigate the clip. The zoom doesn't change that at all.

The upper portion of the timeline is the zoomed in or zoomed out area. But the timeline below with the time markers stays the same.

Am I missing something? I cannot recreate the issue you are experiencing, or I'm not understand what the problem is?

jtimblin1

Premium Subscriber
I think you guys might be misinterpreting the display and how it works.

The bottom portion is the timeline of the entire audio clip, and you click in that area to navigate the clip. The zoom doesn't change that at all.

The upper portion of the timeline is the zoomed in or zoomed out area. But the timeline below with the time markers stays the same.

Am I missing something? I cannot recreate the issue you are experiencing, or I'm not understand what the problem is?
Yeah thanks for pointing that out, the bottom portion does not change but it is always an incorrect timeline. When the zoom is implemented in the upper part of the timeline, the upper portion then shows the correct timeline of audio. Said differently, when the upper portion is zoomed out it matches with the bottom portion and the timeline audio markers on both are incorrect, but when the zoom is implemented in the upper half it no longer matches with the bottom portion but does have correct markers. If you would like me to send a screen recording with audio of the issue I am experiencing I would be happy to.

CODYTABER

Premium Subscriber
Yeah thanks for pointing that out, the bottom portion does not change but it is always an incorrect timeline. When the zoom is implemented in the upper part of the timeline, the upper portion then shows the correct timeline of audio. Said differently, when the upper portion is zoomed out it matches with the bottom portion and the timeline audio markers on both are incorrect, but when the zoom is implemented in the upper half it no longer matches with the bottom portion but does have correct markers. If you would like me to send a screen recording with audio of the issue I am experiencing I would be happy to.
I agree with you in principal. A while back I posted a question asking if there were instructions on use; I don't thin kthere was a reply. I too have noticed a problem with the zoom in relation to how it acts with the actual recording time.
I can use the player and it does enough for me but I'm confused by the red line and other graphics that show at times.