Airband Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW1NY3478

i am intrested in buying a handheld, i seen the VXA 300. looks very nice, i am not thrilled with the scanner rx. for under $300.00 i can pick one up..my question is this

i understand transmitting is illegal, which in my case i just want to monitor

do you need a license to buy a airband radio and second if anyone here monitors the airband what type of commercial gear you use.

thanks

N

N_Jay

CW1NY3478 said:
i am intrested in buying a handheld, i seen the VXA 300. looks very nice, i am not thrilled with the scanner rx. for under $300.00 i can pick one up..my question is this

i understand transmitting is illegal, which in my case i just want to monitor

do you need a license to buy a airband radio and second if anyone here monitors the airband what type of commercial gear you use.

thanks

You don't need a license to buy, or to own it.

You don't even need a license to use it (beyond a pilots license) for domestic non commercial use.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
I have a RS Pro-79, and a Bearcat Trunk Tracker II. they do fine for regular air, don't get 'military air' (I guess that's 240 - 400). these are both handhelds $150 - $200.

N4JNW

Sporty's Pilot Shop has some nice entry level airband tranceivers that are priced right..

If you just wanna recieve, Why not just grab a RadioShack Pro-83 or Pro-99? Either can be had for under 100 bucks..

BUT.. if you think you might be interested in getting your pilot's liscence, then a airband tranceiver would be a very wise investment...

Status
Not open for further replies.