AirEvac 62/Bowling Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Listening to AirEvac's unit here in Bowling Green, it seems as though they are still relying on either the Campbellsville transmitter or the Hopkinsville transmitter to communicate with their comm center in Missouri, or am I wrong? Does anyone know if they have planted a tower around the Warren County area or if it's even in the plan?

David/Bowling Green

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
A few months ago I talked to the folks from Lifeteam and they said there were no plans to put a tower in Warren County.... the guy told me their existing network of towers has the coverage they need using 153.380/D051 as the primary and the other freqs as needed http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=1219

these are posts from previous threads....

trashman43 said:
finally found my notes, the tg I heard AE 62 on was 03184 (Medcom EMS - Dispatch Channel 2)

avfd2922 said:
AE was given authorization and a portable radio to operate on Warren County fire mutual aid channel. This will allow them to talk to all the fire departments in Warren County and also with the Med Cen Dispatch. AE also has the ability to program conventional radio frequencies while in flight.

let me know if you heear themon any other freqs, we'll get them in the database....

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
I have heard them on our TRS ocassionally, mainly coordinating LZ info with county fire and EMS. When I have heard them on their ops frequency it has been when they've been airborne with some altitude. Thanks for the info.

David

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
no problem.... I monitor everyone flying in the central part of Kentucky.... and hear Lifeteam on a number of their "Company" freqs in addition to their approach to UK on UK's freq.... AEL43 flies missions from the southern part of my monitoring area frequently... and I hear AEL 14 (Albany) and AEL 33 (Middlesboro) fairly often....

Are you hearing anything on the Tennessee freqs.... I am never that far south for long periods of time so i can't listen too well....

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Nothing yet on the TN frequencies. I do monitor STATCARE's ops as their transmitter is just over the hill in Glasgow. They do visit both medical facilities here in Bowling Green. Vanderbuilt's Lifeflight is a regular here as well, although their ops transmitter is a bit too far for reception. We'll continue to monitor....

David

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Caught AirEvac 62 coordinating with EMS on a collision in Warren County last evening, using 463.150/MED7. They were coordinating with Med Center EMS dispatch for some reason and not the responding unit. At one time AirEvac was using a mobile unit on the 800 TRS to coordinate with the county volunteer fire units for LZ coordination. No fire units were sent to this wreck though. The mission was canceled due to non life threatening injuries.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.