AIRMED-1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Anyone know if Hackensack AirMed 1 switched from 478.2375 PL 131.8 off Alpine to DMR on the One Voice Network? I see a new talkgroup for MICCOM AIRMED-1 in the database.

MFR465

The UHF > TRBO patch is still very much in use when they're on the ground - either 4N1 or scene/interfacility. Their 478.2375 pl 131.8 is used analog-only when in-flight.

"Certain dispatchers" used to be more "buff friendly" and tone them out with the LifeNet 7-1 tone over the UHF analog before enabling the patch so listeners would have a nice heads up, but that has since stopped as "a certain dispatcher" no longer works there ;)

Couldn't really tell you, but they always did have a group for ground operations patched into Alpine. The problem has always been the aircraft radio is over $15K so they stayed analog while airborne. Have you heard them recently on Alpine?
I don't think I've seen a Technisonic, NAT, or Cobham (Global/Wulfsburg) radio in DMR.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
That's why they like the Alpine machine the old New York Hospital bird used to get in from Boston, Pittsburg Albany or anywhere in between at flight level. I remember listening at home when Stat-Flight brought in Gloria Estafan,Andy Warhol and if memory serves correct Christopher Reeve. My partner was the dispatcher at the time and I would get the heads up and relay to my press contact (remember that was the 80's).

Analogrules

I actually haven't heard much on 478.2375 in a while now that it was mentioned.

MFR465

I was that dispatcher LOL. I no longer work there but the repeater itself was ABSOLUTELY fantastic and it was nice to keep the frequency buff friendly. Drop the tone over the UHF analog, enable the patch, and good to go! ;) (Sorry for delay... was away for the weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.