Alabama Motorola and EDACS systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Ok Alabama Gang,

I have started a small project dealing with Alabama trunked radio systems.
Basically it is an Excel spreadsheet that has Motorola and EDACS systems with control channels and system ids listed. Sheet 1 lists the systems and clicking on the system name with take you to that system’s page at www.radioreference.com (if it works). Sheet 2 lists the Motorola systems and Sheet 3 lists the EDACS systems. As always, the is a work in progress, so any corrections and additions are greatly welcome.

Steve
KD4LCY

Last edited:

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Is there any way to access that in a format OTHER than ZIP? No such function here because of an internal software conflict. Can't install ZIP readers here at all...

RevGary

I am using an earlier version of Windows that doesn't support ZIP files without many headaches. There are NO zip readers in this PC and none can be installed.

RevGary

Steve - that's OK for now. I don't get up to the areas of the state very often where TRS systems are in use and even if I did, I do not have a scanner that handles talk groups or digital protocols because NO ONE uses 800 in my area. (Thank goodness. I am NOT a fan of 800 anything because that format is costing Public Safety personel their lives due to unreliable communications in certain locations.). I only mentioned the zip file situation as a general comment because I know that others here in the Forum have mentined the inability to use zip files as well. Thanks, Steve...

Last edited:

RevGary

I travel between Alabama, Michigan, Florida and Wisconsin regularly.

Heard about a possible 800 radio issue in Wisconsin that may possibly (not determined at all as yet) have had something to do with an FD death.

Last edited:

WCRadioGuy

I too am saddened by the loss of a fellow brother firefighter.

I would like to know how you came by the info that it was an 800MHz radio system problem that caused the accident. All the news articles I read doesn't indicate this.

RevGary

WCRadioGuy said:
I too am saddened by the loss of a fellow brother firefighter.

I would like to know how you came by the info that it was an 800MHz radio system problem that caused the accident. All the news articles I read doesn't indicate this.

I have not stated that it was an 800 system issue - I stated that it WAS POSSIBLY an 800 system issue. We have no information above what everyone else locally who was listening in has. However, that system has had issues in the past with portables not being able to call in from some locations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.