Alberta EMS Station Locations

Mike_0121

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find a list of all the EMS station locations in the province of Alberta. I've only been able to find the Calgary & Edmonton lists but nothing outside of that.

AlbertaHam

I don't mean to sound rude, but what does this have to do with scanners? I do not think it is appropriate to post the locations (addresses if that's what you mean) of ambulance stations on this forum, where staff members often leave their vehicles unattended while they are busy working 12-16 shifts. What do you intend on doing with the information?

Perhaps a more reasonable request would be a list of which communities have ambulances. Alberta Beach, Leduc, Tofield, etc.

Mike_0121

Premium Subscriber
By that logic I could go to fire stations (available online) and police stations (also available online) and do the same thing. Oh and EMS station locations are public domain in other provinces as well. I'm just asking if anyone knows if there is list of these buildings anywhere.

Junior1980

Premium Subscriber
By that logic I could go to fire stations (available online) and police stations (also available online) and do the same thing. Oh and EMS station locations are public domain in other provinces as well. I'm just asking if anyone knows if there is list of these buildings anywhere.
We have one in Bonnyville, Cold Lake, Elk Point, St Paul , Lac Biche, Vermillion, Lloydminster area. One thing I am aware of is EMS stations are under AHS but I know Bonnyville is under BRFA.

If interested I'll be happy to help. but please provide specific information if you can

n0esc

Feed Provider
You know while I can sorta see the rage bait here, though it's slightly hilarious how guarded people are being about information on a site that is a gathering and dissemination point for a plethora of information that doom-sayers have been accusing of wrecking everything over the years. Information is publicly available, and the real question just becomes how digestible of a format one is able to find it in.

I don't suspect that OP needs a list of ambulance garages to find places to break into unattended cars. There's much lower hanging fruit out there then this.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
You know while I can sorta see the rage bait here, though it's slightly hilarious how guarded people are being about information on a site that is a gathering and dissemination point for a plethora of information that doom-sayers have been accusing of wrecking everything over the years. Information is publicly available, and the real question just becomes how digestible of a format one is able to find it in.

I don't suspect that OP needs a list of ambulance garages to find places to break into unattended cars. There's much lower hanging fruit out there then this.
Was that so painful? Great list. I've often wondered about these stations and I don't break into cars. Doesn't the RR Wiki provide this type of info in some areas?
Think Onoway station is now closed. See Josephburg is shown at Scotford but maybe that is where the station is.

va6xj

Premium Subscriber
Pin for Josephburg is correct, based at Strathcona County Heartland Hall - Station 4. Integrated Service.

omrail

Was that so painful? Great list. I've often wondered about these stations and I don't break into cars. Doesn't the RR Wiki provide this type of info in some areas?
Think Onoway station is now closed. See Josephburg is shown at Scotford but maybe that is where the station is.
I second your first paragraph completely. I know at least at one time every station in BC was listed in the wiki usually along with how many units they have and the shift pattern of each unit. I found that extremely interesting.

Is they’re not a EMS unit based in Nisku anymore? Should also be two pins in Leduc as the two units are in the two different fire houses.

n0esc

Feed Provider
I second your first paragraph completely. I know at least at one time every station in BC was listed in the wiki usually along with how many units they have and the shift pattern of each unit. I found that extremely interesting.

Is they’re not a EMS unit based in Nisku anymore? Should also be two pins in Leduc as the two units are in the two different fire houses.
Was that a relatively recent change? That GIS data is from 2016, so I wouldn't be surprised if some info is out of date. I couldn't find anything more recent that was posted publicly. There are some references to updating GIS made much more recently, but I couldn't find that map layer anywhere. A lot of counties here in the US make some data layers in their GIS solution public for tax records or whatnot, and many others are gov only for things like I linked above.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Was that a relatively recent change? That GIS data is from 2016, so I wouldn't be surprised if some info is out of date. I couldn't find anything more recent that was posted publicly. There are some references to updating GIS made much more recently, but I couldn't find that map layer anywhere. A lot of counties here in the US make some data layers in their GIS solution public for tax records or whatnot, and many others are gov only for things like I linked above.
I don't think there are ambulances based in Nisku now. I knew at one time there was a PRU there. Makes sense that it's a 2016 list as there was a station in Onoway then. I'm not sure if in 2016 there were two Leduc locations for EMS.

Mike_0121

Premium Subscriber

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully it gets updated at some point!

omrail

I don't think there are ambulances based in Nisku now. I knew at one time there was a PRU there. Makes sense that it's a 2016 list as there was a station in Onoway then. I'm not sure if in 2016 there were two Leduc locations for EMS.

In 2016 Leduc did not have the two it has now. 2nd opened in 2018 I believe. As for Nisku your most likely correct, it's been a while since heard reference to a Nisku unit. I think the PRU maybe based at the airport now.