Albertville, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearMan54

Just noticed I have heard nothing on the Albertville, AL Fire or Police and that's out the normal.. Anyone else hearing anything..?

bamahandyman

bear i didn't pay any attention yesterday or the day before, but albertville is up and running this evening, they don't seem real busy but they are there. Hope this helps. Merry Christmas.

bamahandyman

now i can't speak to there signal strength, if there power is down signal might not be getting to fort payne. i'm in g ville now and they sound good. but a lot of times when i'm over in your neck of the woods i can't get them on my portable.

BearMan54

Maybe they did cut power back.... My HP-1 can't even find the control channel & it always could before.... I guess I need to get a flashlight & go see if anything fell off my antenna...... lol

BearMan54

If they haven't cut their power, then I don't have an idea.... I haven't lost any other counties....
Thanks for your info tonight handyman....!!

bamahandyman

just a thought, if ya have another scanner with 800 mhz capable, (digital or not), ya might see if you can pick up the control channel. any old 800 mhz scanner will pick that up. if it does, you have an issue with your hp...if not, the problem is on albertvilles end.

BearMan54

well now... I put the 856.7625 in the HP & every once in a while I hear them talking..... Now that strange because I've changed nothing in my program,,,, got to dig a little deeper..... the signal strength is not as strong as it usually is.... So I'm thinking/hoping it on their end,.,,,

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.