All tidy now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
The Debeg 7313 receiver, the multicoupler and the mixer all installed in a homemade rack cabinet - solid ply and now too heavy to lift! All the receivers feed into the mixer and then to a small stereo amplifier to the speaker 'ears' on the sides of the tall rack. Plenty of holes for ventilation in the cabinet but it's winter now, it'll be interesting to see how hot it gets - although the main heat source is the receiver power unit - a separate item on the inside of the rear panel.

Attachments

• All in one box sml.jpg
    All in one box sml.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 760
  • All tidy sml.jpg
    All tidy sml.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 764

majoco

Stirrer
iMonitor said:
Nice, how much to duplicate that for me?

Well, most of the wood came from the scrap bin, so that was free, but my hourly rate for design and build is horrendous! :)

I'm thinking about a matching tower for the receivers and scanners but lockdown has finished!

Thanks for the compliments, I'm encouraged!

majoco

Stirrer
I can't remember what the new price was of the Kenwood R2000 - it was back in the 1980's but all of the other stuff apart from the mixer was bought on our local auction website or 'for sale' in our ham radio mag - even then the mixer was on special as the 'last in stock'. Pay full price? Not if I can help it! The most expensive was the JRC NRD 515 and that was around NZ$600 in 2007 which is a bit under US$380 today.

ScubaJungle

I can't remember what the new price was of the Kenwood R2000 - it was back in the 1980's but all of the other stuff apart from the mixer was bought on our local auction website or 'for sale' in our ham radio mag - even then the mixer was on special as the 'last in stock'. Pay full price? Not if I can help it! The most expensive was the JRC NRD 515 and that was around NZ$600 in 2007 which is a bit under US$380 today.
I've been scouring the auction and similar sites also. I see some crazy prices - guy want like $300+ for a broken Yaesu that wont transmit.

Status
Not open for further replies.