Allentown, Pa. FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

Anybody getting bursts or quick keys up on the two Allentown frequencies?

The PL comes threw every time so makes me believe the repeater is acting up or they added something to the system. Almost sounds like a LTR burst.

Herd talking on night shift about week ago and nothing since.

Thanks
Steve

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I don't know what that is, but its annoying the hell out of me. The other FBI freq doesn't appear to have the same problem.

I did catch someone doing a radio test late afternoon yesterday, maybe radio repair was looking at it.

Steveradio

Well at least they are on top of the problem. Figured it had to be them since the noise was breaking the PL.

Herd some activity the other night around 2300hrs non-digital but its been pretty quiet.

Thanks
Steve

mancow

Database Admin
We had that here too. It was almost every second or so. Maybe their old repeaters around the country are giving up their ghosts. The one here has to be 10 years old or so and isn't even P25 capable.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
We get that on networked P25 FBI channels down here in the philly area. Not sure what the purpose is but when the system is idle for some amount of time it'll start up as a quick P25 "burp" every :20 seconds or so. Maybe it's helping the radios know what repeater they are in range of...I dunno though.

Dave

Steveradio

I thought of that too. Seems OK the last two nights now.

Thought it could be a repeater feature for the user to program a annoying feature for "General Public" monitors like us.

The only thing that stumped me with that would be the PL coming across, that means the agents would also p/up that "Burp" as well.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Does the ctcss on the burst match that of a user on the system? If the user's radios are in tone squelch using a diffrent ctcss they would never hear the burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.