AllStar Link Web Transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Hi there,

For fun I recently signed up for AllStar Link. The Introduction Email referenced a Web Transceiver, however when I clicked on the Web Transceiver page I received the following warning:

*NOTE* The WebTransceiver is based on Java, so it probably will not work!!

At this time, there is no realistic method to fix this. You are more then welcome to attempt to see if you can get it to work, but if it doesn't, don't be surprised. We know it's broken. You don't need to tell us. Please don't ask for any support regarding this, as there is nothing we can tell you that is likely to be helpful.

As best I can tell, the Web Transceiver doesn't work. Is it permanently broken/dead?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Sounds like something to ask the AllStar Link people about.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Lol, that sounds like something out of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

nd5y

I was interested in Allstar a few years ago. The web site had tons of dead links did not appear to be current. I emailed the webmaster contact address and he couldn't, or didn't want to, answer my questions. He died earlier this year so I don't know how Allstar is being run now. Good luck on getting any information out of them.

N8OHU

I suspect that Mr. Dixon and the others that have taken his place might actually not want to have the web transceiver anymore, since you can do many of the same things with apps on tablets and smartphones.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I suspect that Mr. Dixon and the others that have taken his place might actually not want to have the web transceiver anymore, since you can do many of the same things with apps on tablets and smartphones.

Are you referring to non-Allstar link apps? Recently someone told me they run an Allstar Node and supposedly they are able to use the web transceiver, but I still can't get it working. Maybe they have a different interface for node owners or something.

N8OHU

Are you referring to non-Allstar link apps? Recently someone told me they run an Allstar Node and supposedly they are able to use the web transceiver, but I still can't get it working. Maybe they have a different interface for node owners or something.
Given that AllStar Link is built on an older version of Asterisk, any app that can be used for that can be used to connect to an AllStar node. And no, node owners do not have a different Web Transceiver.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Given that AllStar Link is built on an older version of Asterisk, any app that can be used for that can be used to connect to an AllStar node. And no, node owners do not have a different Web Transceiver.

So, have you used the web transceiver recently? Also, what specific phone apps can I download to access Allstar nodes? Do these apps require an intermediate phone connection?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.