Alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim0gle

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious, I have a 325P2, and only have it programmed to white tanks. I can barely understand most of the broadcasts and conversations because it seems to break up the audio every half second or so, any ideas on what I might have done wrong or a setting that would change that?

N9JIG

Sheriff
I'm curious, I have a 325P2, and only have it programmed to white tanks. I can barely understand most of the broadcasts and conversations because it seems to break up the audio every half second or so, any ideas on what I might have done wrong or a setting that would change that?
It is likely digital simulcast. All scanners except the SDS100/200 have difficulty with simulcast to one degree or another, my 325 works great in some areas and poorly in others. Same for any of my other Whistler and Uniden scanners. My Unication G5 and the SDS100 and SDS200's are the only radios that reliably work well with simulcast in all areas.

DigitalC

As an FYI on the new MCSO System, I use a 996P2 (the base version of the 325P2) for MCSO. I do not use the Phx Simulcast site. I use White Tanks & Thompson Peak sites and receive all the Patrol Districts with no problem.

I just purchased the Uniden BCD436HP and would like to monitor MCSO East (districts 1 and 6). Do I monitor White Tanks & Thompson Peak sites as you suggest, or is there a better way? TIA

KB7MIB

The White Tanks site doesn't carry the East districts.
Monitor the Thompson Peak site, or the Phoenix Simulcast, or the Anthem/New River Simulcast if you can, if you want to hear the East districts.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.