AmerenUE Edacs site 002 missing LCN01

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Ameren UE EDACS site 002 is listed wrong.

The database correctly shows several LCNs removed as they make the switch to the new P25 system but for site 002 (Creve Coeur), LCN 01 is missing but it is very much still in use with a frequency of 855.78750.

That LCN had been removed but they are still using the EDACS site 002 so you will miss conversations if you do not manually add LCN 01 back in with the frequency listed above.
The other LCN's 04, 05 and 07 are the only others still in use for edacs.
Last evening, LCN 05 with a frequency of 859.78750 was the control channel also and not LCN 07 as shown in the database.

I wonder how much longer they will keep the EDACS sites running. Most everything is now on the P25 sites.
I had a nice cross reference of the original edacs talkgroups crossed over to the P25 format when they were simulcasting everything but I lost it a few weeks back during a storm.
I did note last night that most Security talkgroups were still on Edacs only with no simulcast found on the P25 site plus I monitored several of the regular talkgroups on Edacs only as well so it was still pretty active.
I only monitored the Creve Coeur Edacs site 002 though so can't speak for the other sites in my range if they are missing some still active LCNs or not.

I also found another interesting thing.
When I was confirming what LCNs were still active, I had a GRE PSR600 running along with an old Uniden and the GRE was getting voice on LCNs that were not in use. I checked and it was decoding P25 comms even though the TSYS type was still set as EDACS.
I checked the GRE and the TSYS was set for EDACS but it was picking up the P25 conversations on the LCNs still programmed from the old EDACS sites frequencies even though it was set as an EDACS TSYS!
That one confused the heck out of me.
It seems the GRE ignores the TSYS type and will just go ahead and decode any digital audio it hears if it can no regardless of what kind of TSYS system it is set too. For example, LCNs 02, 03 and 06 were still in the PSR600 from when they were EDACS. But those frequencies are now used on the P25 system only. As I was scanning the Edacs site 002, the PSR600 was decoding audio on the unused LCNs as I still had them programmed in from the old EDACS sites LCNs. The TSYS was set as EDACS for all frequencies or LCNs. I had to delete those frequencies before I could use the GRE PSR600 to confirm what LCNs were still in actual use as an EDACS signal.
The Unidens honor what type of system you set them too but not the GRE. It is like a wild animal and decodes anything that it can it seems regardless of what type the TSYS setting is.
I wonder if the PSR 800 does the same. I may try that while they still have the Edacs site running as I have an 800 sitting here. That could cause confusion real easy I think.

Anyway I just wanted to post this in case anyone is still monitoring the AmerenUE Edacs site 002. If you do monitor Ameren, you should monitor the Edacs sites as there is still traffic there that is not on any P25 site yet. I do monitor them but usually only during storm activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.