Amplifier Questions

BC2001

Jesse
Hey! I have 4 scanners running (with 2 separate J-Pole antennas). Each jpole is being used with an old radioshack "cable amplifier" (which works wonder in my case).
Anyway, I have some questions regarding these:

1. Is it true (don't recall where I heard this) that you should have the amplifier plugged up in a separate outlet than the scanner?
2. Since I am using two amplifiers, could using both together cause any issues at all (interference maybe)?
3. This particular amp has two inputs (see picture). Will using both outputs affect the signal strength of the two scanners? Or will the 10-20db of gain take care of that issue?

These may be obvious questions, but they are geniune, and not obvious to me. Thanks in advance, for the help! :)

s-l1600.png

Ubbe

1. Is it true (don't recall where I heard this) that you should have the amplifier plugged up in a separate outlet than the scanner?
Different power outlets? No need to.
2. Since I am using two amplifiers, could using both together cause any issues at all (interference maybe)?
No.
3. This particular amp has two inputs (see picture). Will using both outputs affect the signal strength of the two scanners? Or will the 10-20db of gain take care of that issue?
The gain takes care of fit. Listen to a weak analog signal, or if the scanner has a digital bit error readout, adjust gain to lowest background noise or lowest bit error.

/Ubbe