analog bypass with DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

malware

Premium Subscriber
Been searching for this for a bit and can't seem to find it.
I am scanning several freqs that are both digital and analog.
I can hear the digital ones perfectly but analog doesn't make it to my speakers if the stream is going through DSD+.
Is this not possible or is there some setting I'm missing?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
- Ray

NooElec R820T
SDR#
DSD+
VB-Cable

br0adband

Been searching for this for a bit and can't seem to find it.
I am scanning several freqs that are both digital and analog.
I can hear the digital ones perfectly but analog doesn't make it to my speakers if the stream is going through DSD+.
Is this not possible or is there some setting I'm missing?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
- Ray

NooElec R820T
SDR#
DSD+
VB-Cable

DSD+ does not pass-through audio; it's a digital speech decoder (hence the acronym name, obviously) and it will only decode the digital protocols it detects in the audio being fed to it.

The only way to do what you want to do would be to open the Windows recording mixer, find the VB-Cable you're using (I use the same software myself as many others do) and then open the Properties for that cable, go to the Listen tab, check the box, choose the output (speakers, I suppose) and then click Apply/OK. That'll pass any audio going to the virtual audio cable to the speakers - the problem of course is that in doing so when a digital broadcast DOES come in you'll hear the digital data stream (the analog of it) as well as what DSD+ is providing as the decoded voice audio.

There's pretty much no other method to do what you want since DSD+ (nor DSD for that matter) can't distinguish between analog and digital in that respect.

malware

Premium Subscriber
sounds like a neat feature for the DSD+ masters to add to this awesome piece of software then...
that would be cool

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I did this on my BC780XLT with the record function of the scanner. I just set the analog talkgroups or channels to pass through to the record jack and not the digital groups / channels as they automatically get decoded through DSD+ and the disc tap. I then brought both outputs (Scanner tape out and DSD+ Soundcard out) through isolation transformers and into a Y adapter that feeds into a separate soundcard for my Proscan. All done on a virtual machine on my ESXi server.

Status
Not open for further replies.