Analog feeds MSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

msp563

Premium Subscriber
There is an incident involving the Tactical Team in Washburn right now. Perhaps they have shut down those towers for that reason. Dispatch has the ability to turn the towers on and off.

RgrP

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing it has to do with what's going on in Washburn.

Thorndike113

Sometimes also, if they switch to their "b" channel and link multiple departments onto the tower(s) that are rebroadcasting, sometimes they forget to shut the links down and return everything back to normal listening on their "a" channel. From the sounds of it, they may have shut down the rebroadcast during the incident and maybe never returned the towers back to normal ops. I noticed the other day the Skowhegan tower stopped rebroadcasting for a good hour or so. I was monitoring the state police on unitrunker and noticed all this traffic going across their main channel but nothing across the rebroadcast. Flipped it to the Union tower and all traffic was normal.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Sometimes also, if they switch to their "b" channel and link multiple departments onto the tower(s) that are rebroadcasting, sometimes they forget to shut the links down and return everything back to normal listening on their "a" channel. From the sounds of it, they may have shut down the rebroadcast during the incident and maybe never returned the towers back to normal ops. I noticed the other day the Skowhegan tower stopped rebroadcasting for a good hour or so. I was monitoring the state police on unitrunker and noticed all this traffic going across their main channel but nothing across the rebroadcast. Flipped it to the Union tower and all traffic was normal.
If a tower is down for an hour or so sometimes they are working on tower as there is always updates they have to be done and stuff

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
When I was driving home from Bangor on Friday afternoon, getting off at the Houlton exit (I-95 MM 302), I had a MSP armored vehicle (Lenco Bearcat) in front of me on the exit ramp.

At the time I thought it was curious at the time what a tactical vehicle was doing up in the County. Now I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.