Another $18,000 Fine in Louisiana Amateur Radio Interference Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipfd320

Banned
Looks Like the Enforcement Bureau been a Bit Busy--All I have to say is WTF is Going on with the Hammies

The FCC has issued a Notice of Apparent Liability (NAL) proposing to fine Jerry W. Materne, KC5CSG, of Lake Charles, Louisiana, $18,000 “for apparently causing intentional interference and for apparently failing to provide station identification on amateur radio frequencies,” the FCC said.

The Rest of the Story is Here--->
FCC Proposes $18,000 Fine in Louisiana Amateur Radio Interference Case

royldean

From the article linked above:

That evening, the agent watched as Materne drove to a location near the W5BII repeater, where, the agent said, Materne “began transmitting an amateur digital radio signal from a hand-held radio in his vehicle,” disrupting the net and failing to identify. Subsequently, the agent, accompanied by a deputy from the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office, approached Materne’s vehicle and confirmed that he possessed a radio capable of operating on 146.130 MHz. “Audio recordings captured by the agent demonstrate that the intentional interference ceased as the agent and the Sheriff’s deputy approached Mr. Materne’s vehicle,” the FCC said in the NAL.

Hmm, the government actually doing it's job? Got to give credit where credit is due. Thanks, FCC!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Here's a link to the NAL: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-18-762A1.pdf

This guy's a real piece of work. Allegedly told Laura Smith to "pound sand lady" in response to letters from the FCC. An FCC agent observed Mr. Materne drive to the location of the repeater he was interfering with and sit in his car while transmitting on the repeater input frequency.

ipfd320

Banned
Because he has 30 days of the Letter to Rebutt--After That its Game Over---Not Like He is Gonna Win Anyway Except Maybe a Small Reduction in the Fine

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
yeah this guy intentionally interfered with a Hurricane net on the repeater he always jams, what a POS, they followed him to the tower site where they observed him Jamming, and made recordings, there was a Sheriffs deputy with the FCC agent and they approached the car and he was busted.

i know i have an argumentative streak on me, but people like this are what kills ham radio, they need to weed these turds out

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
What perverse thrill does this wacker jacker get out of his misdeeds?

There was a mental health professional in another thread who said he got a thrill out of breaking the law. Maybe they're related

zz0468

QRT
Banned
There was a mental health professional in another thread who said he got a thrill out of breaking the law. Maybe they're related

Sounds a bit like anti-social personality disorder. I don't think anyone really knows the cause beyond that. The end result, though, is people who have this burning need to be a problem to everyone else.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Sounds a bit like anti-social personality disorder. I don't think anyone really knows the cause beyond that. The end result, though, is people who have this burning need to be a problem to everyone else.

You've met my ex-wife? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.