Antenna & Frenquency

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaZz71

i have the radio shack pro-106 and i'm having problems with picking up the mass state police bands and when i'm @ home i cant pick any of it up but when i'm out walking i get some of the channels but it breaks up what can i do to fix this i've already tried the antenna from radio shack thats telescoping plus i think i got the wrong frequency the one's i need is the mass state police Troop C that should cover the area i'm @...... but i do have a ?? there is some frenquency's that i would like to know what they are for there the MEMA i'm new to this and i would like to put much info that i can listen to in my scanner.... so whats the best antenna to use indoors and whats the best 1 for outdoors to use???????

Center-Loaded Telescoping Whip Antenna - RadioShack.com

n5ims

The antenna you have isn't the easiest to use since you must raise and lower specific sections depending on the frequency you're monitoring. For the 800 MHz band that the MA State Police is on, it would need to be nearly totally collapsed. You should try the Radio Shack/GRE 800 MHz antenna (800MHz Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com) which most say works best on the band you're interested in listening to.

Since I'm not from MA, I won't comment on which specific frequencies you should program in for your area. This may be best asked in the MA forum.

MarMatthias

I use the RS 20-006 antenna and have had very good results. I also listen to a wide range of frequencies though...

Status
Not open for further replies.