Antenna Tower Up For Grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcub_46

We have an approximately 150' antenna tower on our property that we are willing to give to whomever wants to take it down. It is a metal grid tower with a number of cable guy wires. We would only request that you sign a release of liability prior to taking the tower down.

We are on Old Wire Rd in Lake City FL. You may contact any one who answers the phone at 386-755-4945 (our business line).

Dave

TooLate

150 ft antenna

Geeze...150 ft...that's enough for 2-3 people to split up!! I'd need to put marker lights on it (flight path for MedEvac helo's)!

Hmmm...how DO you get one of those down?? And, who goes up to the top section to unscrew the bolts. Never seen one put up so I'd be willing to grab a picnic lunch and watch from well out of the way.

daleduke17

150'...slap a television antenna on it with an amplifier, along with some scanner antennas and just listen to the fun. :) I'd be afraid to see what stations I'd get if I still lived at home. :p (Small town in the middle of nowhere)

W5TWX

I'm sure you would need a crane of some sort to help get the upper sections loose and lifted down to the ground. I've never done this, but that would be my guess.

OUCH - Don't forget about lightning strikes once you get it put back up...

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Gin pole...clamps to the next to top section, you attach clamps to the top section, then loosen the bolts, and swing it out of the way and down to the ground. A lot depends on how long it has been in the air, how secure the guy wires are, etc. Been several years since I did much tower work, but have put up and taken down many a 100'+ tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.