Any changes in TxWARN simulcast systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

afremont

Premium Subscriber
Until yesterday, I've been receiving the Harris County simulcast system perfectly using just the RS 800MHz shorty antenna. I rarely saw any decode errors on my BCD996XT. Now, I'm getting errors on everything but the control channel. Did they put up or take down one of the towers or something like that? Maybe they added another transmitter or tweaked something that is causing multi-path issues that I didn't see before. This even affects my handheld scanner (PRO-106) when I'm running around the local area. It does appear that I'm seeing a reduced signal strength when it changes frequencies away from the control channel (774.68125) for a transmission. The control channel still looks good in strength.

unique_username

Premium Subscriber
Something is definitely up with Harris County. The North Harris County LE feed is online, but traffic has dropped at least 90% on it over the past few days. I had just assumed it was a problem with the receiver, as it had dropped a couple of times in the recent past, but to hear that it isn't just affecting that unit seems to indicate there's something else happening. I'd be interested in knowing what's gone down if anyone has the story.

unique_username

Premium Subscriber
Whelp, the North Harris LE feed above has pretty much gone completely silent, and there was a lot of signal checks/test tones on the EMS/Fire feed for the same area this morning, with dispatch having different units go to various channels for a test. It sounds like there was a significant change to the Harris county TxWARN system within the past few days, which pretty much sucks as it was my entertainment on my 60 mile commute.

Status
Not open for further replies.