BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Any HPE files sites for a BCD436HP scanner?

richardbritt

Database Admin
Hi, I have a brand new Unicom BCD436HP scanner and I am in Northeastern NC and I am trying to find a site for sharing Sentinel files. I travel around North Carolina and Virginia and being able to find and share files would be great.

Thank you very much

Regards

Richard

drbeede

Feed Provider
Hi, I have a brand new Unicom BCD436HP scanner and I am in Northeastern NC and I am trying to find a site for sharing Sentinel files. I travel around North Carolina and Virginia and being able to find and share files would be great.

Thank you very much

Regards

Richard
There is a wiki for HPE files at the following link: HPE Files Library

a727469

Premium Subscriber
I never understood why there were not more hpe files shared from usa. Maybe some members spent so long putting together with unique information that they did not want to share. Or people think that everything is available in the database, but it still takes work to make it easily usable and locally friendly. For new members I would think sharing these files would be a great base to get started…Anyway, maybe if we set up folders or similar by state etc more might contribute or is this all a waste of time? ⏰

drbeede

Feed Provider
I never understood why there were not more hpe files shared from usa. Maybe some members spent so long putting together with unique information that they did not want to share. Or people think that everything is available in the database, but it still takes work to make it easily usable and locally friendly. For new members I would think sharing these files would be a great base to get started…Anyway, maybe if we set up folders or similar by state etc more might contribute or is this all a waste of time? ⏰
I did contribute my HPE files and hosting them from my google drive and added the links, and a new county section to the wiki hpe files library, files can be downloaded then imported to Sentinel then edit as needed they are what I call a "County Template" starting point to build a list from.

drbeede

Feed Provider
I'm always willing to build an HPE for anyone if they ask, just give me the agencies they want and what state and county. send request to: dr.alexbeede@gmail.com I will post the new hpe file to the wiki so everyone can use it.

richardbritt

Database Admin
There is a wiki for HPE files at the following link: HPE Files Library
Hi, thank you for the information yesterday. I downloaded a few of the files to use as a template for NC VIPER. Both states have similar Statewide trunked systems. I have the downloaded files but I don't see a way to open them in the Sentinel software. Just a way to save my default one or make a new profile file.

Any recommendations so I can open the downloaded files?

Thank you very much

Regards Richard

drbeede

Feed Provider
Hi, thank you for the information yesterday. I downloaded a few of the files to use as a template for NC VIPER. Both states have similar Statewide trunked systems. I have the downloaded files but I don't see a way to open them in the Sentinel software. Just a way to save my default one or make a new profile file.

Any recommendations so I can open the downloaded files?

Thank you very much

Regards Richard
you use the make a new favorite then import the file to that newly made favorite.

drbeede

Feed Provider
Use the yellow star edit a favorites list then click make new favorites and type a name a new window will appear just click save then close that window then use the import hpe. If you downloaded one of the zip files you will need to use 7zip or winzip to extract the Hpe file first before you can import it.

dmfalk

There used to be a forum on the old HomePatrol.com website, which had a number of.hpe/.hpd files posted, many of which were quite useful. I haven't checked to see if the forum was ever backed up on the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, but if it has been, hopefully it'll be possible to get the files there. (I wish Uniden hadn't removed the old forum, for archival purposes....)

drbeede

Feed Provider
There used to be a forum on the old HomePatrol.com website, which had a number of.hpe/.hpd files posted, many of which were quite useful. I haven't checked to see if the forum was ever backed up on the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, but if it has been, hopefully it'll be possible to get the files there. (I wish Uniden hadn't removed the old forum, for archival purposes....)
I tried looking for that site in the archive.org but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack lol. I tried all the search parameters I could think of and found nothing useful.