Anyone using a bcd436hp scanner on NC VIPER? If so, how do you have your talkgroups setup for your county?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
You do realize he’s the Radio Tech for Durham don’t you?

I mean what would I know? I have only dealt with the system 24/7 for the last 13+ years.
As a casual hobbyist he obviously knows the system better than I do.
*sigh* just *sigh*
My apologies to @richardbritt as this has derailed his thread.

richardbritt

Database Admin
Marshall, wow!! 13 years since you got the job and we were at the Durham Airport showing me your new HomePatrol radio. Time sure flies. Too fast if you ask me. I was working at the Durham VA back then, living during the week in Durham. Now retired.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
The link I provided only says Fayetteville is Simulcast.
You do realize that the Database isn’t always right….. and you can probably hear the simulcast with your 436 because you are a lot closer to one tower. Quit arguing and just own that you’re wrong😂😂😂😂😂

Chris0516

Premium Subscriber
You do realize that the Database isn’t always right….. and you can probably hear the simulcast with your 436 because you are a lot closer to one tower. Quit arguing and just own that you’re wrong😂😂😂😂😂
Then, Where are the Simulcast towers listed? Yes, I know the database isn't always correct.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Then, Where are the Simulcast towers listed? Yes, I know the database isn't always correct.
It’s a Simulcast system. The towers don’t make a system simulcast. There’s 4 towers listed in the FCC call signs. If the Durham radio tech is telling you that the system is simulcast and you still wanna argue, I’d research more about simulcast and how it works rather than just because you can pick it up on a scanner vs can’t pick it up and thinking that makes a system simulcast

Chris0516

Premium Subscriber
It’s a Simulcast system. The towers don’t make a system simulcast. There’s 4 towers listed in the FCC call signs. If the Durham radio tech is telling you that the system is simulcast and you still wanna argue, I’d research more about simulcast and how it works rather than just because you can pick it up on a scanner vs can’t pick it up and thinking that makes a system simulcast
I am not questioning existence. I am questioning available RR info(Durham-Fayetteville, VIPER).

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't matter. If it were Simulcast, I wouldn't be able to hear it on my 436HP.
So, are you telling me I'm not really hearing the Wake Co TRS on my TRX-1 right now since it is simulcast? Then what system is this that has the RPD on it?

richardbritt

Database Admin
Thank you to everyone that replied. I took my time and went thru all the messages again and made notes.

I'll leave all the talkgroups and sites in my favorite lists, set them to local control, and set talkgroups I dont want to hear to avoid. Then I'll learn what quick keys are and play with those to tweak stuff.

Thanks again. I appreciate it

Richard