Any "Tink Wig Mountain Lake Forest in Pennsylvania Members Members?

Teambudjr

Premium Subscriber
I am looking to purchase a home in the Tink Wig Mountain Lake Forest community (Pennsylvania) and was wondering if i can put up one or two antenna's on my home without having a problem with the HOA ? One antenna for ham use and one for a scanner. Are their any hams in that community that can give me a answer? Thanks, Bob KD2REJ

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Plenty of opinions regarding hoa's and antennas here. Should be a good discussion. I'm in Bucks County obviously, judging from your Avatar and your call you are moving from Nassau or Suffolk County on Long Island?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So anyway, just wanted to point out some differences between New York and Pennsylvania regarding HOAs, I am very familiar with your area you are looking to move to and I'm not sure how many replies you will get from people who actually live in that specific area. There is actually been progress in legislation and president regarding homeowners associations and ham radio operators which I would be glad to discuss with you.

Could you do me a favor and let me know if you actually received my post, thanks.. Bob.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I am looking to purchase a home in the Tink Wig Mountain Lake Forest community (Pennsylvania) and was wondering if i can put up one or two antenna's on my home without having a problem with the HOA ? One antenna for ham use and one for a scanner. Are their any hams in that community that can give me a answer? Thanks, Bob KD2REJ
A quick search reveals nothing of antennas. I would go around physically and look for antennas of any sort, take pictures for your records and say nothing. There is an architectural review board and apparently you can't alter the exterior of the structure without their approval. But an antenna is not an alteration.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
OP.. you will also want to Google Title 53, section 302 of the Pennsylvania State Assembly.

Teambudjr

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, trentbob and RFI-EMI-GUY for your input. I don't see anything in their "Rules and Regulations" The only thing close to a antenna is the rule that you can't place a wind turbine on any lot. LOL... I wonder about a tower for a TV antenna also. I going to talk to my real estate agent this weekend.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Thanks, trentbob and RFI-EMI-GUY for your input. I don't see anything in their "Rules and Regulations" The only thing close to a antenna is the rule that you can't place a wind turbine on any lot. LOL... I wonder about a tower for a TV antenna also. I going to talk to my real estate agent this weekend.
Real Estate agents in most states are obligated to provide you with Covenents and Restrictions for any property that you are buying. A wind turbine and a tower probably sound like same thing to regular folks. I was going to buy some property in FL with CCR's and I was advised to go to the HOA meeting to make a request, which I did, before buying. A co-worker and one other in neighborhood had very obvious towers, one ugly guyed tower, right in front yard. The response I got at the HOA meeting was buy the house then come see us. I did not get a warm and fuzzy. The next property had CCR's and they were old boilerplate and had a restriction against wells and oil derricks. There was also a Architectural Review board, much like your property. There was a provision in the bylaws that the ARB had to contest any unapproved construction within a very narrow time frame. I used that provision and worked the calendar to go ahead and build a heavy duty 90 foot crank up tower with foundation in the back yard, mostly hidden by trees. Nobody caught on to what I was doing, despite heavy equipment and two loads of concrete delivered, and the tower was erected without complaint.

I am not suggesting you do it on the sly like I did. My HOA was very lax and underfunded. Dues paid for roads and little else.

Your place seems to have a lot of rules and fines for "normal stuff". They may be a bit of a problem and put up a costly fight trying to stop an ugly antenna or tower despite vague rules. Realtors are weird as well because they might work against you. They are a flighty bunch, on one hand wanting to make a quick sale, on the other hand might easily steer the property to an investor they have in their pocket.

I would research 1) How are folks getting television? Are there Rohn 25 towers next to homes, how tall? Any old C band Dishes? Those are pretty ugly and if they remain, apparently nobody cares. 2) Are there any hams or radio enthusiasts in the association? Contact them to see what it took to put up an antenna.
3) What can you do on your property with or without a tower which is stealthy and won't get the 5G/mind control/Cancer Ray people worked up? Believe me, if you have to ask for permission, they will show up.

I was asked to go before a City Commission and discuss a microwave dish going onto the side of a condo building. I brought a 3 cell flashlight and explained that the power level of the transmitter and the flashlight were about the same. Explained non-ionizing versus ionizing radiation. It is thermal energy. Then I tightly focused the beam of the light and projected it way above the dais and showed that it would not project onto the people below or behind (in the building), All was fine the explanation acceptable to the City. They understood.

Then the condo folks wanted someone with better credentials than me, so an "Expert" was sent over and he dazzled them with charts, OET-65, Nomographs of frequency vs. SAR exposure to human body, uncontrolled vs. controlled spaces, etc. The proposal was rejected.

Teambudjr

Premium Subscriber
Real Estate agents in most states are obligated to provide you with Covenents and Restrictions for any property that you are buying. A wind turbine and a tower probably sound like same thing to regular folks. I was going to buy some property in FL with CCR's and I was advised to go to the HOA meeting to make a request, which I did, before buying. A co-worker and one other in neighborhood had very obvious towers, one ugly guyed tower, right in front yard. The response I got at the HOA meeting was buy the house then come see us. I did not get a warm and fuzzy. The next property had CCR's and they were old boilerplate and had a restriction against wells and oil derricks. There was also a Architectural Review board, much like your property. There was a provision in the bylaws that the ARB had to contest any unapproved construction within a very narrow time frame. I used that provision and worked the calendar to go ahead and build a heavy duty 90 foot crank up tower with foundation in the back yard, mostly hidden by trees. Nobody caught on to what I was doing, despite heavy equipment and two loads of concrete delivered, and the tower was erected without complaint.

I am not suggesting you do it on the sly like I did. My HOA was very lax and underfunded. Dues paid for roads and little else.

Your place seems to have a lot of rules and fines for "normal stuff". They may be a bit of a problem and put up a costly fight trying to stop an ugly antenna or tower despite vague rules. Realtors are weird as well because they might work against you. They are a flighty bunch, on one hand wanting to make a quick sale, on the other hand might easily steer the property to an investor they have in their pocket.

I would research 1) How are folks getting television? Are there Rohn 25 towers next to homes, how tall? Any old C band Dishes? Those are pretty ugly and if they remain, apparently nobody cares. 2) Are there any hams or radio enthusiasts in the association? Contact them to see what it took to put up an antenna.
3) What can you do on your property with or without a tower which is stealthy and won't get the 5G/mind control/Cancer Ray people worked up? Believe me, if you have to ask for permission, they will show up.

I was asked to go before a City Commission and discuss a microwave dish going onto the side of a condo building. I brought a 3 cell flashlight and explained that the power level of the transmitter and the flashlight were about the same. Explained non-ionizing versus ionizing radiation. It is thermal energy. Then I tightly focused the beam of the light and projected it way above the dais and showed that it would not project onto the people below or behind (in the building), All was fine the explanation acceptable to the City. They understood.

Then the condo folks wanted someone with better credentials than me, so an "Expert" was sent over and he dazzled them with charts, OET-65, Nomographs of frequency vs. SAR exposure to human body, uncontrolled vs. controlled spaces, etc. The proposal was rejected.
I am really not looking to go crazy, Just looking to put up a discone and a small ground plane antenna to get fire calls on the scanner. Maybe a OTA TV antenna also.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I am really not looking to go crazy, Just looking to put up a discone and a small ground plane antenna to get fire calls on the scanner. Maybe a OTA TV antenna also.
I would not even mention those to the realtor. Put them up and every year raise them 10 feet. Nobody is going to notice. Put some other shiny distraction in the yard while you raise the antennas. "Hey look he has an airboat."