Looking for help for my Special Needs Daughter

W6KRU

Premium Subscriber
Oceanside Lifeguards are part of the fire dept. LG's are now stationed at the harbor (24/7) and have replaced the former OPD harbor units as the primary rescue responders. LG's are included in all beach and harbor area dispatches on 3-A.
I think 3A is still patched to 4A and 5A so listening to 3A means hearing every FD dispatch in N county. I am monitoring the harbor TGs but haven't heard anything. I was assuming they were another victim of the big E.

Rocknpalms

Thank you for the photos, Shelby looks like she is enjoying herself. I have an SDS 100 and it is the best radio for the SD County system. I have been scanning the TAC 2 channel and haven't heard anything on it but it should function the same when they get around to using that channel. The Fire dept is large and busy. All of N county (Del Mar to Escondido) is dispatched on the same channel and there is no way to separate Oceanside. The FD would give Shelby something else to listen to when beach season slows down.
Thank you I will purchase the SDS 100 today.

Rocknpalms

Oceanside Lifeguards are part of the fire dept. LG's are now stationed at the harbor (24/7) and have replaced the former OPD harbor units as the primary rescue responders. LG's are included in all beach and harbor area dispatches on 3-A.
Can you please elaborate on what 3-A means and if the SDS-100 will pick It up. Sorry about the questions, just dont know radio yet. I am a private pilot IRF rated with 1200hours if that help me look smarter. LOL :). Thank you.

Rocknpalms

Thank you for the photos, Shelby looks like she is enjoying herself. I have an SDS 100 and it is the best radio for the SD County system. I have been scanning the TAC 2 channel and haven't heard anything on it but it should function the same when they get around to using that channel. The Fire dept is large and busy. All of N county (Del Mar to Escondido) is dispatched on the same channel and there is no way to separate Oceanside. The FD would give Shelby something else to listen to when beach season slows down.
One of the LG at the tower let me take a photo of his radio. Photo shows they have a LG TAC1

Attachments

• IMG_4132.jpeg
    IMG_4132.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 44

Rocknpalms

OK. I will work on the program for it. HRO in Anaheim has them in stock for $650 but you might beat that price by a bit elsewhere.
Thank you so much for your help. I have a 27' sailboat in the harbor and a nice Bonanza B36TC airplane at Palomar. Please let me know if you would like a ride in either.

W6KRU

Premium Subscriber
Can you please elaborate on what 3-A means and if the SDS-100 will pick It up. Sorry about the questions, just dont know radio yet. I am a private pilot IRF rated with 1200hours if that help me look smarter. LOL :). Thank you.
3A is the dispatch talkgroup for the Coastal zone of North Comm. which handles the dispatching duties for N County FDs. The SDS100 will receive all of the FD talkgroups including some you don't want to listen to. We can talk about that.
One of the LG at the tower let me take a photo of his radio. Photo shows they have a LG TAC1
Yeah, that is TG (talkgroup) 2408 Which is what I have been listening to. The database has OCS LG TAC for an alpha tag and Lifeguards for a description. :)

Rocknpalms

3A is the dispatch talkgroup for the Coastal zone of North Comm. which handles the dispatching duties for N County FDs. The SDS100 will receive all of the FD talkgroups including some you don't want to listen to. We can talk about that.

Yeah, that is TG (talkgroup) 2408 Which is what I have been listening to. The database has OCS LG TAC for an alpha tag and Lifeguards for a description. :)
Radio has been ordered and will show up tomorrow.

Peter_SD911

Scan Sexy
Premium Subscriber
I think 3A is still patched to 4A and 5A so listening to 3A means hearing every FD dispatch in N county. I am monitoring the harbor TGs but haven't heard anything. I was assuming they were another victim of the big E.
The patches can be broken at any time based on call loading and staffing.
Otherwise all FD's in Northcomm would be on the same dispatch TG 24/7.

You may be surprised at what is not encrypted in O'side...the DB has a few errors.:cool: