anyone help me to get the radioshack pro2066 trunking on 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

david1975au

dear forum, australia i live in newcastle not far from lake macquarie anyway i was wondering does anyone know how to get the radioshack 2066 150 channel scaner trunking the 800mhz stuff from mount sugarloaf ,anyone who knows about the 2066 i thought it was a 2067 that trunks everything also im purchasing a 2067 that i believe trunks all bands ,regards david from newcastle nsw australia ,merry xmas everyone ,regards david :D 8)

Air490

David,

All US scanners are useless for trunking 800MHz in Australia due to the US cell phone frequency restriction in 800MHz band. US scanners have a portion of the 800MHz band blocked, and within that portion is a 1MHz block of frequencies used by 800 MHz systems in Australia. Simply put, yuou can't get a US scanner to correctly trunk an Australian 800MHz system.

You will be able to use the 2067 to trunkrack GRN, but thats about it.

AstroBoy

Trunk tracking with a US Scanner in Aussie

While i agree with AIR490' statement that 1Mhz of the Australian 800Mhz trunking band is missing in imported equipment due to the cellular issue in the US, I disagree with the statement that you can't track 800Mhz trunking.

My experience is that you can still trunk 80% of the trunking system with the US trunk tracker. Simply stated you can track 865-868Mhz without difficulty - it is when the voice is sent by the control channel into the missing 869Mhz section that the voice is silent on the US Scanners.

ASTROBOY

Status
Not open for further replies.