• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AT-6666

niceguy71

Try, inadvertently switched bands, you want real fun. One which is a deserted planet on AM, LSB, and USB.

I've done better ( or worse)
I was looking for a clear channel for my handheld testing and found channel 40 was usually S1 or S2 when all the other stations were S3 or higher..... I noticed it for a few weeks and was amazed no one seems to use channel 40!!!
I was quite happy. so I was testing my handheld on 40 and it didn't work???? every channel on my handheld worked great... all but 40... I figured I got an e-bay dud..... so I tried some other handhelds and found my 5555 N II would not receive on channel 40.... I was going to write if anyone on here had that problem when I looked at the frequency... it was way off.... I had tried to turn the channel when it was on frequency... but turning the knob when frequency is displayed only changes the frequency... and switching the radio on/off or going back to channel instead of frequency doesn't fix it... I had to go to frequency then tune channel 40 to 27.405 then switch back to channel and now it's back to normal... sadly the signal strength is the same as most of the other channels.

niceguy71

simple question? did you do the expansion mod? tell us the frequincy numbers on d band. i googled expansion mod for 6666 ,its just couple button pushes. its highly possible your not on 11 meter band
Of course the original poster did the conversion... This is a CB forum.... And he said he talked to the 6666 using his Cobra HH 50 handheld CB and they talked back and forth from short distances with no problem

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
simple question? did you do the expansion mod? tell us the frequincy numbers on d band. i googled expansion mod for 6666 ,its just couple button pushes. its highly possible your not on 11 meter band

Latest version (PRO) can include a jumper pin move for expansion to 21- 29 Mhz

robertwbob

KE0WRU
Of course the original poster did the conversion... This is a CB forum.... And he said he talked to the 6666 using his Cobra HH 50 handheld CB and they talked back and forth from short distances with no problem
you can put a 6666 in freq mode,dial to whatever freq you want unmodded. and sometimes they work right sometimes they work like he said

robertwbob

KE0WRU
turn radio ff hold memory and band down hold and turn power on,let off buttons it will read cb or hf. turn channel selecter to cb then pushmemory and it will be set for all bands 11 meters is band D

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
Ground-wave RX comparisons across this radio:

No, it isn’t a PRESIDENT Washington, but it is part of the comparative class including its predecessor and the now-obsolete PRESIDENT Lincoln when it’s without DSP added via outboard devices (W-M Radio DSP + Digi-Mic).

I’ve been deficient in saying how I’ve been listening to the audio on nearly every video I’ve posted, and that’s thru a two-piece TV soundbar + subwoofer while I’m home.

This enables me to compare what it’s been like while using my big truck system while underway in every sort of condition. The crutch which gets the one who is new to any aspect a fair assessment of what’s possible.

Use same if you have it. “Road experience” is that one’s ears become trained, and this helps overcome peculiarities encountered across mobile rig installations.

Last edited: